Thread: How to get LTFT to come on

Tuner in Training

How to get LTFT to come on

I did a log on just the drive home from work. I have been working on trying to iron things out from my last tuner and im trying to learn also. Can somebody help me out on how to get my LTFT back on thank you. It also gets hot when idling. 2007 silverado 5.3
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by oleblue07; 03-03-2020 at 08:46 PM.

Post your tune.

LTFT looks to be disabled from that log.

What are you considered hot for idle?

Do the fans come on?
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    i have caught it up to 222-225*. yes fans come on. also on this tune i had added 3% to the maf hz aroud my idle
    Attached Files Attached Files

By chance you may have clicked disabled LTFT learning in the VCM scanner, go back in there and reset the trims and I think there is a enable LTFT learn you can click.

If your temps are getting that warm even with the fans coming on, you may have a coolant flow issue or a poor working radiator/expansion tank cap. If the fins on the radiator have never been back flushed with water, give that a try. Maybe even swap thermostats with another OEM one.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

That specific tune you posted has the LTFT enabled, so I couldn't tell you why it's not working. Closed loop status says on in the logs and that log didn't show any o2 sensor codes that I saw.

I honestly wouldn't worry about it, LTFT are not that important anyway. Once tuned with a wideband the STFT can do everything.

Tuner in Training
    Oh ok cool. It also has a random misfire that causes my converter to unlock on the highway when cruising. The misfire monitor is off that why you don't see it on the log.