Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Open Loop Target Lambda

Finally made it to the dyno! The bank 2 wideband failed sometime between the road tune and today so I did not mess with fueling much, but the cam timing adjustments showed promising gains.

For reference, an LS2 GTO with LS3 top end and full boltons only makes around 320 whp on this dyno through a 6 speed. This car is an auto as well.

received_2886783104753313.png
    Last edited by Evo8john; 06-03-2020 at 09:00 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Evo8john View Post
    Finally made it to the dyno! The bank 2 wideband failed sometime between the road tune and today so I did not mess with fueling much, but the cam timing adjustments showed promising gains.

For reference, an LS2 GTO with LS3 top end and full boltons only makes around 320 whp on this dyno through a 6 speed. This car is an auto as well.

received_2886783104753313.png
    Was that running the cam phasing maps I created? If so they worked really well with my headers, high flow cats and dual 2.5" exhaust.

No I ended up modifying the factory maps. Something wasn't getting along well when I used your maps with the altered RPM scale for some reason. I believe the values were similar though. Also, these results are gains from the road tune, which already had a nice seat-of-the-pants gain over the stock tuning. Thanks for all your assistance on this!

Potential Tuner

This is off your 3.5? i only ask because i see displacement is at 3.7

Quote Originally Posted by Fast4.7 View Post
    The power gains from tuning feel great. However that being said the tuning has transformed EVERYTHING about the car. The transmission shifts much quicker, at WOT it shifts firm enough to chirp the tires 1-2 and 2-3. It has better throttle response off-idle and seems to never stop pulling.

I copied the values straight from Uprev tables. They are hex and will copy right into the appropriate tables.

Keep in mind every car is different, but this should be a decent starting point for a healthy car with some airflow enhancing bolt-ons. Intakes with stock diameter at the MAF, high flow or catless midpipes, headers and high flow exhaust. I tuned the MAF curve pretty well but had to lean out the high rpm decel and idle area a little in the compensation table. The MAFs are also maxed out at 278 gms/sec and hold steady there above 6,000 rpm. I had to add some fuel in the compensation table to get the engine enough to drink. I meant to say in the previous post it gained 4-5 HP in the midrange fattening up the AFR to 12.6. At peak HP it likes 13.0-13.2. I know Technosquare used to run these at 13.5 for peak power but this is not a race car and I don't want to put that kind of heat into the pistons and exhaust valves. I also had to increase fuel delivery 2% on Bank 1 to even out the air/fuel ratio and fuel trims via injector compensations. The engine ran noticeably smoother after. Years ago a company tested all different kinds of headers and exhausts on the 3.5HR. They found the best average gains with 2.25" merge collectors and 2.25" test pipes. It seems everything now is based on 2.5". Probably some torque in the low-midrange being sacraficed by the 2.5" system but this car would never plant the extra torque at WOT. I know the high flow cats are costing a couple of HP but have to have cats for visual inspection. I ported a 3.7 lower intake and plenum for it. I have the larger 3.7 injectors and 3.7 fuel rail off the same low mileage 3.7. I have not had time to play around with it. I hear the runners are shorter and it will shift my torque curve higher. I think I could get to 340 hp at the wheels with the 3.7 top end. I hear a set of 3" admin tuning intakes gain 10 hp over the best commercially available intake but I drive this car year round and would be scared to hydro lock it in these Texas downpours. If the car had a 6spd it would probably already be in the 335-340 hp range on a Dynojet.

I have a 3.5 with CAI and Catless this is a perfect starter I believe, it has 3.7 injectors
    Last edited by 2010MurderSS; 06-17-2020 at 05:49 PM. Reason: add more detail

Potential Tuner
    hello,Fast4.7. PLs tell me, why you change calculation load in line?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 2010MurderSS View Post
    I have a 3.5 with CAI and Catless this is a perfect starter I believe, it has 3.7 injectors
    I put the 3.7 stuff on my car a month or so ago along with 2.75" MAF housings, cone filters and heatshields. Had to alter the K factor and the MAF tables a little but it runs great. My MPG display is off by about 10% now. Display reads like 28.5 mpg and the car gets 26 hand calculated on the highway. It definately gained power in the upper rpms but you can feel the slight torque loss at cruising speeds. That said it is still way stronger at cruising speeds than it was stock. When it was stock cruising 75 mph and sitting at 3,200 rpm it would downshift to 4th on the same long, steep grade everytime with the a/c on. Now it just holds 5th all the way up it.
    Last edited by Fast4.7; 07-01-2020 at 01:14 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by pirelli2006 View Post
    hello,Fast4.7. PLs tell me, why you change calculation load in line?
    Alters the trans shifting in a positive way. You want it to hit 100% load throughout the RPM range near or at WOT. Same reason I made the torque map closer by altering it. When you go WOT the trans no longer slides into gear. It shifts lightning quick. It barks the tires 1-2 and often chirps 2-3 at WOT.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 2010MurderSS View Post
    If the displacement is at 3.7 it was that way stock. Its a 3.5L and I have not changed it. Although I have since changed the K factor and MAF scaling. K factor for the 3.7 injectors and then the MAF scaling for the 2.75" MAF housings. Still need to tune out a very slight stumble just off-idle at very light throttle, like pulling forward in a drive through but otherwise runs great.

Potential Tuner
    do you can share stock bin from your car?