Thread: 05 LLY computer locked up

Advanced Tuner

05 LLY computer locked up

Wouldn't you know it! the fuse for the Cigarette lighter blew in the middle of the programming process, so the write failed and now she's locked up.

Tried the disconnect battery routine but still no luck.

What are the chances the VCM is Fried?

I Have a Tech 2, will try to reprogram back to stock in the morning dealer is right around the corner.

recovery works just fine for the LLY, the cig lighter fuse usually powers the obd2 port as well. you replaced the fuse right?

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Advanced Tuner
    Yes I replaced the fuse and the recovery failed.

I even tried a write entire no luck.

Also the Tech 2 will not read the vin or info

Since i dont smoke, and dont use anything major plugged into my cig lighter sockets, i replaced the 15A fuse with a 20A fuse, just for that reason.

What were you running at the time off the lighter plug? If you were -only- writing and it blew, i think you got a problem.

Advanced Tuner
    The laptop battery was getting low and I didn't want to chance the battery dieing in the middle of the write so I had the power supply plug in to the cig lighter.

Never thought the fuse would blow, I had been driving around for an hour with it plugged in before I did the write.

Advanced Tuner
    Went to the dealer with my Tech2 got the factory program and downloaded fine truck runs again.

Thanks.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    yeah one thing I learned is to go off of battery power for reads & writes.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Quote Originally Posted by foff667
    yeah one thing I learned is to go off of battery power for reads & writes.
    Yeah i do that too, not only that, When you key the ignition on after doing your write, it cuts power and restores it to my 2 lighter plugs, which throws my computer for a loop going in and out of battery/ac current modes. Especially annoying at night when i have the screen on low and i key the ingition and it goes really bright! lol

But for scanning, i have it plugged in and dont see any problem...but as i stated, im running a 20A fuse.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by gman4dx266
    Yeah i do that too, not only that, When you key the ignition on after doing your write, it cuts power and restores it to my 2 lighter plugs, which throws my computer for a loop going in and out of battery/ac current modes. Especially annoying at night when i have the screen on low and i key the ingition and it goes really bright! lol

But for scanning, i have it plugged in and dont see any problem...but as i stated, im running a 20A fuse.

HA HA..I can't get a battery for mine!! Tried. So all of the work done in the car is through the lighter(unless I plug into the other car and use the lab top in this one) Have had the lighter crap out on me about 4 times, but it has been a while since it has