Thread: Need Help Reading SCT Tune

Potential Tuner

Question Need Help Reading SCT Tune

Hello Everyone. I am new to the tuning scene. As such, I've subscribed to both SCT & HP Tuners, and purchased tunes from More Performance Tuning. So, I have the LivWire TS and also the MPVI2. The MPVI2 is really nice.

I would like to take my F-150 to a local shop to have it dyno tested and to see if the mechanic can level out the HP/torque across the RPM range, and the mechanic uses HP Tuners. Don't get me wrong, the SCT tune is pretty good. I'd like to use it as a starting point and see if we can't tweak the settings a little to maybe get a couple more HP, a little extra boost, and possibly flatten the curve a little.

I've searched through the forum and read that it is possible. But, I'm a novice at tuning. So, I'm not sure how to even get a read. I know the SCT gives a strategy of MPTECHO, how do I even read it? Also, I've read you can change the OSID to make the tune readable in HPT, but I don't know how to do it.

Can anyone provide the steps/instructions on how to do it? And before anyone catches feelings, the answer is no...I am not doing this to plagiarize. I'd just like to get the most out of my investment. I've put a lot into this truck in the last couple of months, and would very much like to see her at her best.

Thanks

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistic67 View Post
    Hello Everyone. I am new to the tuning scene. As such, I've subscribed to both SCT & HP Tuners, and purchased tunes from More Performance Tuning. So, I have the LivWire TS and also the MPVI2. The MPVI2 is really nice.

I would like to take my F-150 to a local shop to have it dyno tested and to see if the mechanic can level out the HP/torque across the RPM range, and the mechanic uses HP Tuners. Don't get me wrong, the SCT tune is pretty good. I'd like to use it as a starting point and see if we can't tweak the settings a little to maybe get a couple more HP, a little extra boost, and possibly flatten the curve a little.

I've searched through the forum and read that it is possible. But, I'm a novice at tuning. So, I'm not sure how to even get a read. I know the SCT gives a strategy of MPTECHO, how do I even read it? Also, I've read you can change the OSID to make the tune readable in HPT, but I don't know how to do it.

Can anyone provide the steps/instructions on how to do it? And before anyone catches feelings, the answer is no...I am not doing this to plagiarize. I'd just like to get the most out of my investment. I've put a lot into this truck in the last couple of months, and would very much like to see her at her best.

Thanks

best way is to ask them to unlock it for you for more money. if that doesnt work switch to a tuner who doesnt lock their tunes. almost all tuners are very similar and the plagiarizing is impossible really given that there really isnt too many different ways to make power. usually the main things that change are shift points, how soon the boost comes on, spark advance and how lean they are willing to run it. fuck locking tunes unless they are free updates for life including all minor mods and unlocked if the tuner goes out of business.

yes you can edit the OSID but that requires significant computer knowledge and skills. basically you would begin by comparing your stock file with a mildly edited stock file and figure out where the OSID is stored. repeat this process until you know where the OSID is stored, then change it on the MPT file.