Thread: new Injector scaling issue

new Injector scaling issue

e38 ecm 58psi returnless fuel system.

Totally new at this tuning stuff but hope to get through this with your-forum help. Before i install my new cam and supercharger i figure it will be easier to tune later, if I get my new injector flows dialed in perfect first.....so, will be installing some 80lb injectors on all stock motor and do a few drives-passes to see if it is all dialed in ok. If all the data is correct then the stock emissions system fuel trims should therefore be ok to slightly off with the new injectors- all else being same hardware.
    First minor hurdle- better ask before i mess it up; have the excel sheet with offsets, flow, short adder, min pulse width and know where to input them but the scales are off. the excel seems to be in psi scale and vcm editor in kPa scale. a quick conversion and i see the scales are close but not exact.(18.6 almost 128 etc).

Any way of switching scales on editor. Is this a big issue. kind of weird that hp vcm uses Kpa(metric) and lb hr (english) systems on same chart.

I also noticed that when i copy over the data- the values seem to change a bit by themselves- why.

Senior Tuner
    the tables u can change the value like kpa or psi at any time for each individual table, it may not always show same figure as in the excel but that's fine

Put your cursor on the kpa or psi or gsec and right click and it will change. There are usually more than one value so keep clicking until you get what you need.
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8

guess I wasnt too clear since my terminology was wacked... but figured it out. for any other newbs wondering....

Right click on empty left top box (where row values meet column values ). select column axis or row axis depending which one to change units. select units, then whatever unit you need.
    Last edited by goodwrenchdave; 03-06-2020 at 02:22 PM.