Thread: Help license

Tuner in Training

Help license

Hi,

I bought a spare PCM for my car from a Blazer 2004 (OS 12587603 unlocked).

Obviously he ask me to license the PCM (2 credits) and the Tune (2 others) I've already licensed on a different PCM (2006 Hummer H2 OS 12606807 unlocked). Because if I don't, I have "Unlicensed Vehicle".

But with the 2 files from the repository (OS 12613246 & 12587811) I can write them directly if I paid only 2 credits??

If someone can tell me if it's normal, I don't understand why my file can't be written and the 2 others can. Should I copy past the data from my tune to the files from the repository and send it in my spare PCM or I risk to brick the PCM?

I saw on this forum to avoid tune with repository files, but it's not for a Hummer so the tune is completely modded and I don't need another VIN/VATS available.

Test.PNGTest 2.PNG

Thanks !
    Last edited by acdc-angus; 03-06-2020 at 09:14 AM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    You cannot flash files that you do not have a license for ie files from the repository that you have not licensed.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    You cannot flash files that you do not have a license for ie files from the repository that you have not licensed.
    I know that, but you don't answer exactly what I asked for.

Why can I write a repository files on my PCM but not mine?
    Last edited by acdc-angus; 03-06-2020 at 10:47 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Ok so I found the information I looked for on Facebook.

My tune already licensed in my HPTuners, I don't need credits to send it in a new PCM. I just need the credits for the Blazer PCM and I can "Write Entire" my tune in it for "free".

Thanks anyway.