Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 63.5 limit best solution please

Yup, heard good things about FIC.... didn't have the Rep of ID but were good. ID doesnt carry the smaller 80lb anymore. I checked what everybody was giving as far as data and it seemed pretty much equal. guess i got tricked!
    anyways
    i'm in this situation now so, wow!.....wasn't expecting this much trouble but :this is precisely why i installed them first on my all stock unmodified motor! so i could tune out the kinks. These are injectors after all not a space shuttle.... weird how such a simple concept as pulse width modulated solenoid valve gets blown out of proportion.

Sure if somebody is sitting in a basement with a used drill bit and shaky hands these things get fuggled up but in todays world, quality cores and tips aren't that hard or costly to produce. Usually there are not that many manufacturers.... Available are cheap accurate oem copies-and many times the same machine pumps out these copies and are sold without the added cost of oem branding...... maybe not the best quality/tolerances but quite accurate nonetheless.
    I bought these because the "data" seemed to be similar as to what others had....including what id injectors was providing. show me this extra data that id has? Was it copied? seemed different so i assumed it was accurate - guess it wasn't.
    So im stuck with these- guess i'll try to figure this shit out!
    Or are we telling me that there is no way these things/injectors will ever be able to be tuned/dialed in to this engine?

Being new to these IF and Offset tables , hopefully some will give me a hand at explaining them
    - AS it stands , likely will have at least a couple/few weeks of down time due to this virus stuff going around. what else to do but play.
    like i mentioned before- the motor is all stock so airflow tables are dead on... all that needs to be dialed in is the injector flows.

simple question (that will likely get complicated): I understand the flow-pressure (ifr) table IS A BASE FLOW TABLE at a fixed voltage (unknown) but variable pressures.
    but the offset vs press vs voltage - values ARE in millisecond values - am i correct in understanding that this table is basically an injectors : opening time minus closing time at delta pressures? as in as pressure goes up it is harder (takes longer ) for injector to unseat/open and as voltage goes up this is overcome so overall time is shortened. basically this is a "multiplier" or rather "added" on time.
    The short pulse adder i understand to be for shorter pulses as this injector response "lag" has added effect on quantity. right?
    I have a wideband that i may need to install as i don't know how long my "good" o2 sensors will last in this hostile environement. why isn't there a program that can populate data from wideband response?
    Last edited by goodwrenchdave; 03-15-2020 at 02:56 AM.

Senior Tuner
    all the offsets really do is set the injector up so under most situations (temp, flow, pressure, low PW's) when u ask for a 1ms pulse that is what u get, voltage and pressure change how the injector opens so if u have all zeroed out data and ask for 1ms pulse u may use up 1ms PW just in waking up the injector or trying to push open against the pressure of the fuel/manifold so u then need another 1ms PW to give u what u wanted in the first place, u cant adjust the injector data to correct fuel if u think the airflow is already correct as factory isnt dialed in, best to set the injector data up to as accurately as u can and then adjust the maf and vve to get fueling right otherwise u will be in this same situation for a long time and not get anywhere, u just have to setup a lambda error table to adjust fueling once u get WB going

I agree, just use what data you have, if you feel un-sure about it add .0001 or .0003sec (.3ms or 1/3 of a millisecond) to some problem areas (low pressure low pulse low rpm is a typical 'problem area')

Then go tuning the VE map. I wouldnt bother with the maf at this stage. If you want to be able to tell if the injector off-sets are even close, it would show up in the VE table on majority of modern ecu in a very simple way. That is, the VE table won't make sense when the engine is tuned properly. In other words, you tune some idle, then part throttle, then some wot. Just a couple hours of basic tuning. Then come back to idle area and start fine tuning the idle more and more. If you start to notice a strange trend, say it says idle is 80% ve but it wants 70% VE just off idle to get going with a similar a/f ratio. Thats a sign the delay for the idle region is too long, ur getting a pulse width from the delay table which is adding to the ve table's predicted value.