Thread: 2014 silverado 6.2 ported 95mm TB errtic idle newbie

Tuner in Training

2014 silverado 6.2 ported 95mm TB errtic idle newbie

Hello everyone I'm new here and new to this level of tuning.

I have a 2014 silverado 6.2 A6 4x4 current mods are s&b CAI, Gibson catback, and Lingenfelter ported 95mm TB. Also have a Diablo tuner that was used and tunes have been logged and saved they are being used as a reference.

I intend to use the Diablo tune with a firm shift as a base to work from but I currently have an erratic idle with said tune. so far I have changed the throttle max area from 4118 to 5054 which smoothed but roughed up the idle. the spike aren't nearly as much.

I'm not looking for someone to do it for me. I want to learn it I just hope someone would be so kind to point me in the right direction and maybe leave a trail so that other won't search through 65 pages like I just did.

Thanks for your time

Tuner in Training
    I might have broke my truck....

well I found more information and tried a new tune messing with a few different settings. But the ones the focus on the problem seem to be (Idle torque limit) so I changed it by 15% and it was much better so I added another 15% and after a 15min log I saw that the rpm went up by about 75 and the surging was gone and the old phantom misfire that I could feel but no scanner ever picked up was gone.

So I managed to fix the problem "I Think" and get rid of a problem that I have had since I bought the truck.

So before anyone tears into me for doing or saying something wrong please remember I have been using HPTuners for less the 24 hours and only a few days of research on how to use it. before this all I had was handheld tuners with cookie cutter programs and idiot proof adjustments.

Now to quit buying computers, parts for my Polaris, and guns so I can save up for the parts I want on this truck... come on cam, heads, and a whipple....