Thread: EVAP Code delete wont save

EVAP Code delete wont save

Trying to tune a 2005 Suburban 5.3 for a swap. I have deleted all the EVAP codes, but P0455 will not stay NO ERROR REPORTED. It will let me edit it and save it, but if I write the file (or re open) that code goes back to MIL reported. I have unchecked the SES light. All the other EVAP codes save no issue. Am I missing something?
    2017 Chevy SS Whipple

Close all open subwindows in the Editor, then save as a new filename. Close & reopen to verify it stuck.

There are a few codes that are really weird that way.

I didnt mention that in my original post, but I tried that as well as reading the ECU again and saving as a new file name. Neither work.
    2017 Chevy SS Whipple

Well don't know what to tell you other than 'post your file' but that's so last year...

I had the issue trying to turn off P1482, changes would revert every single time until I closed all the windows before saving. That was on an older version, I think 4.2.1, I can't duplicate it now on 4.4.4. Don't know if it's been corrected or if something else has changed.

I hadnt thought of checking my software version, maybe its due for an update
    2017 Chevy SS Whipple

Tuner in Training
    How does a guy do this evap delete? just turn off the DTC in the pcm [or is that similar to just erasing codes with a scanner and they willre-occur]

Do i need to actually disable some evap setting?