Thread: MPVII USB-C 90 deg to USB-A cable specifications needed

Potential Tuner

MPVII USB-C 90 deg to USB-A cable specifications needed

I'm trying to locate a USB-C 90 deg to USB-A cable to keep from knocking the cable with my leg datalogging while racing. Does anybody know if there is a certain spec to use? I see USB 2.0 on the label, but many of the cables I'm finding talk about a 56k pull-up resistor for protection on fast charging phones..... not sure if that would affect datalogging and/or loading a tune to the vehicle. I've seen USB 2.0 and 3.1 ?... assuming 3.1 would be better, but the pull-up resistor got me thinking about compatibility. I didn't see a 90 deg option on the HP website.

Potential Tuner
    Anybody? It would be a great option for HP tuners to offer a choice. I've knocked it off a few times already.

Tuner
    i used a heavy duty "Mcdodo" cable.
    this cable also has its own power/connection indicator.

I use a 4' long obd2 90? cable. It's super low profile and then I can stick the MPVI2 wherever it is the most convenient (i.e. right next to my wideband controller so the Pro-Link can be hooked plugged in without extra wires going all over).

Advanced Tuner
    Yes, that is my solution too rather than using USB to solve the interference issue. Whether using my AEM CAN bus OBD2 or using the analog Prolink input with the MPVI2 the 90* OBD2 extension is a much better setup.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Hondaeater View Post
    Yes, that is my solution too rather than using USB to solve the interference issue. Whether using my AEM CAN bus OBD2 or using the analog Prolink input with the MPVI2 the 90* OBD2 extension is a much better setup.
    Thanks for the responses everyone. I do have a 90 deg OBDII I use for EFIlive datalogging, but I already configured a permanent Prolink input right by the OBDII. I did find a 6' "uGreen" USB 2.0 to type C that has a 90 deg type C. It works great and I put 3 hidden tywraps on square loop bases that I route the cable through. I can easily datalog with the laptop sitting in the drivers seat, or put the laptop on the rear seat area (stuffed behind a seat in a towel for datalogging while racing). The built in 56k ohm resistor doesn't appear to have any effect on datalogging and reading/writing tunes.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VJN9YQM...ing=UTF8&psc=1