Thread: L94 New TSP 216 228 cam P0010 tring to fix it.

Tuner in Training

L94 New TSP 216 228 cam P0010 tring to fix it.

My new cam TSP 216 / 228 LS3 Stage 1 cam on a brand new rebuild disabled DOD and turned off VVT (I Think?) by changing cam to 0 and changing all of the intake charts to 0. Still get P0010 code at startup clear and no CES light untill I restart engine. I have a P0300 code That I have had a while before rebuild changed everything gaskets Coils, Plugs wires, nothing fancy factory plugs, New wires from Holly, new intake gasket due to OEM's looking worn or bad. just trying to figure this out, haven't changes a lot on the tune runs strong one thing at a time if there is a chart I missed or any ideas please pass it on, any help wuld be great.

Here are the Tune so far and the last data log
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by jznnjx; 03-10-2020 at 11:54 PM. Reason: forgot info

Tuner in Training
    With a bigger cam it is generally necessary to disable p0300 in the mil. the cam lope will register as a misfire. So long as it is mechanically sound and doesn't run like it has a misfire you are fine

Tuner in Training
    Ok Thanks, Any idea on why I keep Getting the P0010 Code after zeroing out camshaft and all intake tables?
    JZNNJX (Psyko)

2011 GMC Yukon Denali (4 Tons of Fun)
    L94, TSP Cam 216 / 228
    Fully Blueprinted
    Ported and Polished Heads By TSP
    Future upgrades 3200 Stall and Larger Cam
    Maybe adding a Turbo

Tuner in Training
    For right now I disabled code P0300, and P0010 for now. Would like to figure out why it keeps setting. Thanks for the info on the P0300 code.
    JZNNJX (Psyko)

L94, TSP Cam 216 / 228
    Fully Blueprinted
    Maybe adding a Turbo

Tuner in Training
    when you swapped cams did you swap from a one bolt to 3 bolt cam? If so, did you change the cam timing gear and sensor to match?

DTC P0010: Camshaft Position (CMP) Actuator Solenoid Control Circuit

If you removed the VVT parts, why would you not just kill that code (and any other related codes)? You don't need it/them. The parts they monitor are no longer in there.

Tuner in Training
    I bought a Roll Master true roller timing set new front cover for a LS with out VVT and used my stock cam sensor. Should I get a a cam sensor for a LS with out VVT? I did swap from a 1 bolt to a 3 bolt cam with complete New timing set but used my stock cam sensor. I deleted the Code P0010 from the CES table but but with the VVT tables deleted I figured I should not get the code unless something is a miss...
    JZNNJX (Psyko)

L94, TSP Cam 216 / 228
    Fully Blueprinted
    Maybe adding a Turbo

Senior Tuner
    Go to Engine>Airflow>Variable Camshafts>, then go to Camshafts and click "None" instead of "One". Then disable the P0010 and P0011.

Tuner in Training
    Sorry I have not been here in a short while, Had other issues with truck was on a test drive and snapped the No. 1 Cyl Rocker bolts snapped in half.... So head is off getting repaired so I can machine the No 1 risers and drill and re-Tap the rocker bolt holes and I am upgrading to ARP Rocker bolts the cheap grade 5 bolts from GM can't handle the 200 Lbs springs that came with the camshaft. Stupid me should have replaced them when building. The engine I built for my buddy LQ4 with big cam and springs used factory bolts for 20k no issues guess I either got unlucky or I got way better springs. I'll tell you what when they broke I swear it sounded like a rod snapped and was bashing the inside of the block, Freaked the hell out of me I was just cruising on the highway locked in at 75MPH. Wierd!

I tried what you said, but the screen shot I attached does not allow me to choose none?
    I will also in the org post have a copy of the tune so far. It does seem like the software I'm using is not the same as the ones in the videos and instructionals I have been doing. Could that be a big reason I am having these issues. BTW I did disable the P0300 code and the P0010 code

Either I do not understand or lost in translation? I am attaching a screen shot of what it shows in variable camshaft screen.

I am using 4.6.3 of the editor with no update Found.

I do have the intake camshaft set to 0 do not see a none option.
    Also I'm using a MPV1 and do not have the MPV12? could this be a issue also?
    HP Screen.jpg
    Last edited by jznnjx; 03-22-2020 at 10:53 PM. Reason: changing location of photo
    JZNNJX (Psyko)

L94, TSP Cam 216 / 228
    Fully Blueprinted
    Maybe adding a Turbo

Senior Tuner
    Click on Edit>View, then Click Advanced view. Then you'll have a lot more options.

Tuner in Training
    Thank you for that infomation that explanes a lot. I am new to the programmer and any help is great. Found the fields you talked about and after I program I feel that all will be good. Thanks again.
    JZNNJX (Psyko)

L94, TSP Cam 216 / 228
    Fully Blueprinted
    Maybe adding a Turbo