Thread: 2002 suburban 5.3 exhaust and intake

Tuner in Training

2002 suburban 5.3 exhaust and intake

I am new to the gas tuning world and i am getting a little knock retard

My question is do i need to adjust the ve or pe table. to correct this in the 2-2400 rpm range.
    Attached Files Attached Files

These computers use the MAF and VE, so you can't just make changes to the VE. And changes to the MAF and VE are changes to fueling. The more that is added to each, the more fuel you are going to get, then the opposite when you reduce the values in the tables.

You would need a wideband sensor to properly calibrate the fueling on here.

PE can be altered so you don't have such massive delays for entering power enrichment. Like right now you have to wait for a high throttle percentage below 4,500rpm which doesn't help. Then you have a 5,000rpm delay and a 2.0 second time delay. As well as a slow ramp in rate for the fueling. Your EQ ratio is really rich but they are that way from the factory too.

Try 50% throttle, 1,500rpm delay, 0 second time delay, 80% torque enable, 2.0000 enrichment ramp in rate. Then aim for 12.0 AFR in the EQ ratio. That is roughly 1.220. You can keep your EQ ratio as it is now but level it off after 2,800rpm to 1.220 to redline. This is where a wideband is really needed to monitor this but asking for 12.0 is still safe to do and it should be in the ballpark.

If there is still knock, run better fuel or remove timing to stop the knock.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Thank you this makes a bit more sense now what wide band do you suggest i am used to the innovations in my mustang. but am going to order a wideband for burd on friday