Thread: Stock B7 2.0T AT6 tune anyone?

Tuner in Training

Stock B7 2.0T AT6 tune anyone?

Vehicle is a 2005, OS 8E0910115B if that helps. Any/all help would be much appreciated!

Tuner in Training
    Thinking about it, doesnt even need to be stock. Got the vehicle as part of a trade (told it wasnt running) and upon loading VCM scanner its showing up as 3.2L
    VCM Editor is able to read and write to the ECU, but ive only got files for an '08 2.0T manual (which to my understanding wont work because different engine codes and obviously different transmission).

Upon checking the vehicle, seems the ecu has been either replaced or taken out at some point (security bolts have been cut). The Vin number on the ECU does match that of the ownership

Again, any help at all would be very much appreciated, thanks!

Advanced Tuner
    post your most current read

Tuner in Training
    Lol funny enough, its the exact same tune you did for my other car :P (which I did a bunch of mechanical work on and got before and after logs, which ill post in the other thread)! I wrote that one to it not expecting it to work, but luckily enough, worked like a charm!
    Last edited by chevelle72; 03-22-2020 at 04:18 PM.

Tuner in Training
    This was the original read if youre curious, but I cant open it.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    open a ticket with support bud

Tuner in Training
    Oh its reads fine now that I flashed a 2.0l tune too it - unfortunately it was for a manual so cant edit anything with the transmission now, but car runs and drives fine

Attached is what it reads now
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Checking with VCDS, the ECU was coded to use an automatic (which is why im guessing it runs and drives fine currently), curious why HPtuners would still come back reading it as a manual.. ?

Quote Originally Posted by chevelle72 View Post
    Checking with VCDS, the ECU was coded to use an automatic (which is why im guessing it runs and drives fine currently), curious why HPtuners would still come back reading it as a manual.. ?
    We do not support the transmission in your vehicle. I don't know where it would be saying its a manual vehicle however. You will see tables for ALL transmission types however as the same calibration/OS can be used in multiple applications, so we show them all by default to provide more flexibility.
    If its not broke, just give it time.

Tuner in Training
    Ahhh fair enough - perhaps thats why automatic editing doesnt show up. When I go into transmission on the tune, it has parameters for clutch protection and things of that nature; tune is originally from a manual vehicle so just assumed that carried over when i tried to read it after uploading (even though the ecu definitely has the maps and coding to use an auto)