Thread: WK2 on a 2wd Dyno?

Advanced Tuner

WK2 on a 2wd Dyno?

Ok, so this isn't quite a tuning question, but I have someone wanting to put their WK2 SRT8 Grand Cherokee on our dyno, and I am unable to find a concrete answer on what needs to be done to run it in 2wd. I know on the older Jeeps, you could just unbolt the transfer case motor, but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore. Most of what I have found its that you need to drop the front driveshaft and pull some fuses. Can anyone confirm?

Thanks

Advanced Tuner
    Cant say for sure as i never tried it but i do believe you can pull front driveshaft and pull abs fuses also, Not for sure tho, dont these have anti roll over sensors?? i know most have the clock spring in the steering wheel but sure how that would effect it on dyno.
    6.4 Whipple Diamond pistons Manley rods, Demon Plus Cam

Tuner in Training
    Remove front drive shaft and transfer case motor

Advanced Tuner
    get a z aoutomotive tazer and you can put her on 2wd electronically

Tuner
    I messed around with this a few moths ago and posted in a WK2 FB group

If you pull the F77 fuse you can achieve the same thing RWD. Allowing you to do burnouts or whatever you like.

Here are 2 videos to show the behavior after the fuse is pulled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQWLZPYzVe4
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8CxLROUjf0
    Things that work
    It's RWD
    Brake Lock Differential (controls wheel speed on the rear axle) still functions
    Things that don't work with the fuse being pulled
    Selec Terrrain dial doesn't change from Auto
    Rear ELSD no longer engages (if you have QD2)
    ESP button no longer does anything but the ESP is still active
    Vehicle drives the same as before, sport mode can still be activated via the shifter. There is just ZERO power going to the front axle. I was disappointed the ELSD didn't work anymore but I suppose that's to be expected since part of the 4x4 system fuse is pulled.
    I don't see any long terms effects with this at all. Logging with AlfaOBD and monitoring power going to the front axle in normal driving(fuse in) there is not any power going to the front axle unless there is a bunch of throttle input or rear wheel slip. Even with the fuse in if I go WOT in 1st gear I'll spin the rear tires momentarily before the front axle gets power. I only tried this mode to see how it worked but it's a no go for me as traction problems galore. It is however free and much cheaper than using a tazer.

2011-13 doesn?t have that fuse...anyone done one of these?