Thread: 04 Silverado DBW adjustment

Tuner

04 Silverado DBW adjustment

I own a 2004 C5 Corvette and a 2004 4.8L Silverado.

On my 2004 C5, I've been able to adjust the "desired pedal area" (accelerator pedal position vs kpa) table to make it more responsive. By contrast, if I try to adjust this table on my 2004 Silverado, the ECU flips out and goes into reduced power mode.

Here's my C5's tables (daily driven this way):
    Capture4.PNG

Here's my Silverado's tables (stock values, the only values that seem to work):
    Capture5.PNG

As you can see, the C5 tables just come in a little sooner to make less pedal necessary to get the TB open. Nothing massive, just enough to make it not feel like a dog.

Can someone help me with this? I'd like to take some of the delay out of the silverado table to make it more responsive.

edit: I forgot to upload the C5 and silverado files. These files correspond to the above table screen shots.
    C5 file:
    2004 Corvette - MAF Low Count.hpt

Silverado file:
    2004 Silverado - Fans.hpt
    Last edited by 2001CamaroGuy; 03-11-2020 at 11:45 PM.
    2004 C5 Coupe - MM6

Never had luck with throttle settings because it will just throw it into REP.

Try disabling some of the engine side torque mngt and see where that gets you. Set the max torque from 300 to 640, set the ETC TPS Max to 100% for all cells. Change the max torque vs rpm to 640. Go into the abuse tab and change them to 8,000 and 0mph.

You can change a lot of stuff for PE too because right now it's pretty held back with the stock settings. I do 50-60% throttle, 80% enable torque, lower the rpm delay to 1,500rpm instead of 5,000rpm. Get rid of the 3.0 second time delay.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner
    Well booo, I was hoping someone would have had luck with it. I can't understand why the C5 adjusts so easily (it can literally be 1:1 TB angle-to-Throttle pedal and fully linear.... it's not drivable because it's too touchy but it does "work") and the truck throws a fit with the slightest adjustment.

I'll give those a try. I've made some adjustments to PE but haven't gone radical with it. Thanks.
    2004 C5 Coupe - MM6

I think it's because on Gen3s the TAC is a separate external module, and the 'tune' in the TAC isn't accessible, and the PCM tune has to be compatible with the non-accessible tune in the TAC. If you wanted it to behave the same as the C5, you'd have to use a C5 PCM tune, a C5 TAC, and if they aren't compatible, also matching C5 throttle body & APP.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    I think it's because on Gen3s the TAC is a separate external module, and the 'tune' in the TAC isn't accessible, and the PCM tune has to be compatible with the non-accessible tune in the TAC. If you wanted it to behave the same as the C5, you'd have to use a C5 PCM tune, a C5 TAC, and if they aren't compatible, also matching C5 throttle body & APP.
    2004 Silverado has a separate TAC module just like the C5 (just different version) as it's still a Gen3 with an 0411 ECU. So for whatever reason, the C5 TAC is okay with adjustments but the truck TAC isn't....
    2004 C5 Coupe - MM6