Thread: GenV Dodge Viper timing and fuel issues

GenV Dodge Viper timing and fuel issues

Is it normal for commanded EQ never line up to any of the target tables or ignition timing? Ive done 2 of these cars now and they seem to do it even when stock with the stock supplied file loaded.

Is this a scanner issue or something else? I feel like ive been chasing my tail to solve it playing with DD/torque tables among other things with no headway.

IE: commanded EQ at WOT 1.2(0.833) and scanner shows it to be 0.604 during a pull or having 19deg in the timing table and getting 13deg in the scanner.

Senior Tuner
    Cat Over Temp modifiers disabled?

Yes they are after the baseline. Thresholds are maxed and allowed enrichment is 0.0

I know a few things about these gen 5 vipers.. post the file

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Charles View Post
    I know a few things about these gen 5 vipers.. post the file
    By no means the final file just trying shit to get around whatever is going on but this is what is in the car right now.

This car has a cam, headers, hellcat injectors.
    Last edited by meatbag; 03-20-2020 at 08:49 AM.

I assume you had something else going on with spark/fuel adders, but you have all that good.

Stock 10.1 CR??? IF so on 93 you can run closer to 30 degrees on these engine

14 Gen 5 Viper

I assume you had something else going on with spark/fuel adders, but you have all that good.

Stock 10.1 CR??? IF so on 93 you can run closer to 30 degrees on these engine
    Compression is closer to 11.5:1 I just havent tried running any more timing till i figured out why the scanner shows the timing to drastically different then what i am commanding.

Shoot Bill or Chris (support an email) and see if there is a big... don’t see anything that would be causing that...

These Gen 5s pretty straight forward.

14 Gen 5 Viper

Shoot Bill or Chris (support an email) and see if there is a big... don’t see anything that would be causing that...

These Gen 5s pretty straight forward.
    Only thing they could tell me is that all tables are working correctly.

Been messing with the tq to aircharge table some but so far any deviation from stock results in even less timing. Nothing still explains why commanded EQ is so drastically different than whats in the tables either.

Advanced Tuner
    I am experiencing a similar problem 2006 Viper, Comanding 24 degrees getting 19 on the scanner until 5500 rpm then jumps to 27 degrees that I have in the last 2 cells.

There does not seem to be any Knock sensor info and I suspect it might be that but not sure.

Tried a lot of stuff to no avail.

tune and log attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I?ll check that out here in a bit.. not a lot on the gen 3 files to mod (haven?t had access to these long)

I would lower timing for a pull and see if it stays consistent. I bet you are right and it?s KR
    (Wouldn?t suspect it at that timing level though)

Advanced Tuner
    We called it a day yesterday due to fuel pressure falling off possible basket pump problem that needs to be rectified before we can move forward.

I looked at the cal in SCT and there is more Knock info, Max short term and max long term of 18 degrees each.

I would like to see these added to HPtuners so we can zero them out and see if that is it.

There are no knock sensitivity tables either I have not looked at the Cal in Diablo yet, I might do that when I get back next week.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
    I am experiencing a similar problem 2006 Viper, Comanding 24 degrees getting 19 on the scanner until 5500 rpm then jumps to 27 degrees that I have in the last 2 cells.

There does not seem to be any Knock sensor info and I suspect it might be that but not sure.

Tried a lot of stuff to no avail.

tune and log attached.
    Whatever is pulling the spark out isn't defined, but it looks like the warm spark transition brings the spark up to 27. Or it could be coincidence..