Thread: Weird numbers in MAF log

Tuner in Training

Weird numbers in MAF log

So I was having issues with my MAF tables the other day and got to talking to a guy and he pointed out that my MAF err. histogram numbers are way way off. The log is really short but if you look at the counts theres enough hits that the numbers shouldn't be where they're at. I have an AEM pn30-0300 wideband that I have wired to serial then serial to USB connection. I have my user math setup based off the EQ err preset and then just swapped in for it to read off my wideband. The wideband reading is a little bit lean but nowhere near as lean as what the histogram makes it out to be. Anybody have any ideas where I went wrong?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    If you compare the actual EQ ratio to the commanded EQ ratio, it's off by anywhere from 5-11% above 3800Hz. If you multiply the MAF curve by 1.08% from 3800Hz-up, you'll be really close to where you need to be.

Advanced Tuner
    It looks like your wideband wasn't working in the beginning...cause your numbers from 3750 to 4650hz to be skewed pretty bad. try again and make sure your wideband is working from the start of your log

Tuner in Training
    Now that you say that I had started scanning before I started the car and when the gauge goes through the warm up process itll read 9.99 hopefully thats the only problem be an easy fix

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwalt2397 View Post
    Now that you say that I had started scanning before I started the car and when the gauge goes through the warm up process itll read 9.99 hopefully thats the only problem be an easy fix
    yeah, make sure to start your car first before scanning...ask me how i know....lol