Thread: transtune only but new fuel issue

Tuner in Training

transtune only but new fuel issue

Hello everyone, I'm still very new at this but I just installed a new trans tune. I noticed right away a change in my fueling. starting at about 2900 and going up from there. I didnt see that on the log before the trans tune. sorry but I dont have a copy of the previous logs

if anyone is willing to take a look and possibly point me in the right direction. I would greatly appreciate it

Thanks everyone

newlog.hpl
    newlog2.hpl
    newlog3.hpl

The truck is in CLOSED LOOP AT WOT. Are you sure that it HAS any engine-side tuning? Can you post the before and after calibrations in question?
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    The truck is in CLOSED LOOP AT WOT. Are you sure that it HAS any engine-side tuning? Can you post the before and after calibrations in question?
    ^^^

Tuner in Training
    All i changed was the info in the bluecat program in the transmission. Before that i changed the idle settings for the ported throttle body and added 5% to the driver demand table. All my previous tunes are either identical or corrupt showing zeros for everything. I just really dont want to have to start over from factory again.

Thank you for taking a look

Tuner in Training
    is this due to the 02 error? it runs lean since the install of the ported throttle body I havent straightened that out yet since I'm still learning.
    would it be better to reinstall the stock tune and start over?
    So would I just need to bump up the fuel overall?
    I have attached a copy of the tune if you wanna have a good laugh.
    this was modifications to a cookie cutter tune.

newestsilveradotunewithbluecat.hpt

thanks again guys

Advanced Tuner
    Hard to say what's going on with it with the data we have. Your truck isn't closed loop at wot so not sure what that claim was about, but you definitely have a lean issue in the idle area. Usually a tb change won't cause this problem unless there's a leak, or perhaps the original canned tune had this issue too and you didn't notice? I'd try throwing fuel at it and see if it fixes anything.

Quote Originally Posted by sevinn View Post
    ... Your truck isn't closed loop at wot so not sure what that claim was about.....
    So I look at a guy's log and I'm lying or what? that big ole burst of KR that's a frame or two over.... Good; well you got this.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    So I look at a guy's log and I'm lying or what? that big ole burst of KR that's a frame or two over.... Good; well you got this.
    The truck is not running closed loop the entire time at wot, it has a PE delay (not necessarily the same thing) so your post was just a little misleading for a beginner asking for help. No one is calling you a liar. No need to get offended.

Removing the delay would certainly help, and it needs fuel. The throttle blade is also opening way faster than the pedal so that's more than likely the biggest issue here.

The TB goes wot before he's commanding it.

Post tune OP
    Last edited by sevinn; 03-19-2020 at 11:13 AM.

try putting your driver demand back to stock. i adjusted mine before i truly knew what it was accomplishing. I would keep steady on the throttle without downshifting going up hills or increasing engine load and i was only in the 60 percent range for accelerator position but my throttle position was closer to 90. just be careful driver demand increases can put you at almost a fully open throttle and you might not know it.

Tuner in Training
    Thank you all for looking at my mess. I have adjusted everything mentioned. I will have Saturday to log if it is still acting strange. I will remove the canned tune and start from scratch. I promise to take it nice and slow. I have it shifting great that was the main thing i got this for.

Thanks for the help guys