Thread: 4l60 t0 4l80

4l60 t0 4l80

Trying to find transmission file for 1273005 operating system. Have changed from 4l60 to 4l80. Your help would be greatly appreciated

You can't.

You must use the stock OS. The 1273005 is a speed density enhanced OS which is the upgrade over the stock OS.

Revert back to the stock OS and then do the segment swap.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Thanks for your quick reply

I found a stock file from the repository that matches my original base file. Do I just compare my 1273005 to the downloaded stock file?

The file you have must be returned to stock. So if you had the stock file you could flash the stock calibration back into it with a write entire. Then you can use the compare feature with a 4L80e file, perform the segment swap. Then flash that into your vehicle. Then do the rest of the changes from there.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

I dont have the original stock file that was in pcm. Can I compare the file I have with the one from the repository to make it back stock. Change transmission and then compare back to 1273005 file

Sorry, that won't work.

The operating system must be a factory calibration, using the compare feature will not do what you ask.

In this situation it may be cheaper to just buy a used PCM for cheap and start over with that. This way you aren't wasting credits and or needing to find someone to flash your computer with a GM tool.