Thread: 2019 LT4 MAF wiring

Tuner in Training

2019 LT4 MAF wiring

Just finished using HPtuners to mod. my 8L90. Had idler pulley seize on my 2019 LT4 which took out the the two drive belts which pulled the wiring out of the Mass air flow plug. What are my options? Looking at the plug it is not obvious how to reterminate the wires. I see extender harnesses which I could splice in but not ideal.

Tuning Addict
    If it'll help you. It's the multi-functional intake sensor.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    If it'll help you. It's the multi-functional intake sensor.
    Thx, Need to find out how to physically re-terminate the wires
    Last edited by vet57air; 08-12-2023 at 08:02 PM.

Tuning Addict
    Can you confirm if the terminals are the same as what the ecm is using - I was told they were but I'm not so sure? Or find another sensor/connector that is using the same terminals. GM doesn't list a specific terminal for the MAF connector. Only replacement connectors - This is a l83, but it's the same.

You might have to remove one of the terminals and take it to a local gm dealer - if you have one with a non lazy parts guy - and have him or her match one up.

After finding the terminals you'll need a special ratcheting style crimper to roll the metal as it crimps it. That part is easy enough to find, but expect to pay at minimum 50 for a decent one. Then from there just crimp, solder and repin. Otherwise get a pigtail, which I'm not a fan of and go that route.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~

Tuner in Training
    Can you confirm if the terminals are the same as what the ecm is using - I was told they were but I'm not so sure? Or find another sensor/connector that is using the same terminals. GM doesn't list a specific terminal for the MAF connector. Only replacement connectors - This is a l83, but it's the same.

You might have to remove one of the terminals and take it to a local gm dealer - if you have one with a non lazy parts guy - and have him or her match one up.

After finding the terminals you'll need a special ratcheting style crimper to roll the metal as it crimps it. That part is easy enough to find, but expect to pay at minimum 50 for a decent one. Then from there just crimp, solder and repin. Otherwise get a pigtail, which I'm not a fan of and go that route.

Have a couple friends who have the same engine pkg. Shown is my wires that have been pulled out of connector. The other is of their connector intact so I can use as the pinout. Doesn't look like they are the crimp type. Look like the type you insert small tool on one side and insert wire on the other, more like a clamp. Especially since all but one wire pulled cleanly out of the connector. Have not figured out how to retain a wire in the connector yet. Will call GM parts Monday to see if I can get a new connector.
    20230813_102805.jpg20230813_112110.jpg
    Last edited by vet57air; 08-13-2023 at 02:46 PM.

Tuning Addict
    So it actually broke the wires in the middle of the harness then? So just need to splice, solder and double layer heat shrink then?

~Greg Huggins~

Tuner in Training
    So it actually broke the wires in the middle of the harness then? So just need to splice, solder and double layer heat shrink then?
    No, it pulled the wires out of the plug. One wire broke so I will have to shorten a couple inches. No issue as I have extra length. Hopefully GM has just a plug.

Tuner
    The connector via GM or most places is outlandish regarding price, with shipping some will end up be $20 for 1 connector.

I buy my stuff via Mouser.

Here's what I bought for a 2019 Corvette LT1 MAF which should use the same connector as the LT4...

Extra terminals.... https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail...AIT-A03GF-M064
    MAF connector.... https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail...TSSPB-C08C-1AK
    Cable cover.... https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/306-ATSSCC-08-K

Tuning Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by 96GS007 View Post
    The connector via GM or most places is outlandish regarding price, with shipping some will end up be $20 for 1 connector.

Here's what I bought for a 2019 Corvette LT1 MAF which should use the same connector as the LT4...

How are you searching for stuff on their website? Then how are you breaking the connectors down for the individual parts? I probably overlooked something obvious, but think this would make things a lot easier for a lot of people looking for things like this.

~Greg Huggins~

Tuner in Training

Here in Canada that connector from GM is over $100. Great price under $3 on the link but the 8 weeks factory lead time doesn't work for me.
    Last edited by vet57air; 08-18-2023 at 08:05 PM.

Tuner
    How are you searching for stuff on their website? Then how are you breaking the connectors down for the individual parts? I probably overlooked something obvious, but think this would make things a lot easier for a lot of people looking for things like this.
    I start with the old connector and Google as needed....

All the connectors have a part number or a partial part number molded into them. In some cases you literally need a magnifying glass to read the info. If they have what looks like a full part number, I use that in the Mouser search and the right connector will pop up 50% of the time. Even if it's a partial part number you can narrow the results using the pin count, wire size, etc.

If the above fails I drop the number and sensor name into Google. So my search might be "2019 Corvette LT1 MAF connector part number #######" Sometimes it can take creative searching and/or picture sleuthing to finally find the right manufacturer and part number. Often what you find is that the "real" part number has dashes and/or spaces which throws off the Mouser search. Probably the biggest challenge is who the actual manufacturer is since many will have connectors that look almost identical but it's a classic case of "close" only works in horseshoes and hand grenades. Attention to detail really comes into play.

These days I can find just about anything in 20-30 minutes but the initial searches were hours

Some examples...

Coil Connector R1.jpg

Connector part number R1.jpg

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by vet57air View Post
    Here in Canada that connector from GM is over $100. Great price under $3 on the link but the 8 weeks factory lead time doesn't work for me.
    Should only be a problem if you need 9,106

Screenshot 2023-08-14 172458.jpg

Tuner in Training
    I start with the old connector and Google as needed....

All the connectors have a part number or a partial part number molded into them. In some cases you literally need a magnifying glass to read the info. If they have what looks like a full part number, I use that in the Mouser search and the right connector will pop up 50% of the time. Even if it's a partial part number you can narrow the results using the pin count, wire size, etc.

If the above fails I drop the number and sensor name into Google. So my search might be "2019 Corvette LT1 MAF connector part number #######" Sometimes it can take creative searching and/or picture sleuthing to finally find the right manufacturer and part number. Often what you find is that the "real" part number has dashes and/or spaces which throws off the Mouser search. Probably the biggest challenge is who the actual manufacturer is since many will have connectors that look almost identical but it's a classic case of "close" only works in horseshoes and hand grenades. Attention to detail really comes into play.

These days I can find just about anything in 20-30 minutes but the initial searches were hours

Some examples...

Coil Connector R1.jpg

Connector part number R1.jpg
    Awesome tip. I have a couple coming. I assume you take the connector apart, then crimp the terminals and slide them into the connector, then reassemble?

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by vet57air View Post
    Awesome tip. I have a couple coming. I assume you take the connector apart, then crimp the terminals and slide them into the connector, then reassemble?
    Yep.

Tuner in Training
    So truck is back together. I installed new updated idler and belt, assembled MAF plug checking and rechecking wiring. It had thrown multiply codes because of wiring pulled out of MAF plug, so reset. Two of the original codes remain, P2227 and P2228, both to do with barometric pressure. I believe the MAF (multi sensor) has this. I have rechecked my wiring to the plug against a friends LT4 plug and have wired the same. The MAF sensor doesn't look like it took any damage, just the original plug, but could it be faulty? My connect and cruise package has a engine fuse box (mounted under seat), no blown fuses, but would think one fuse gone would cause more codes? Thoughts?
    Last edited by vet57air; 09-09-2023 at 01:35 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Found a broken wire just back from the plug. Re terminated. Whala!

Tuner
    Congrats! Great to hear!