Thread: L92 tune help

Tuner in Training

L92 tune help

Hey,

Pretty new with hptuners and I'm wondering if anybody would be able to lend a hand.

I have a 2007 escalade , l92, 6l80e that ate a few lifters.
    I'm installing a Vinci cams buttkicker cam, new lifter and vvt delete. ( first time installing a cam in a LS motor also)
    I've researched how to turn off the vvt so I think I'm ok there... but I'm having a hard time with the rest of the tuning. Vinci says I'll need a tune just to get it to idle.

Cam specs are
    DUR @ .050" 212* / 224*
    LIFT .552 /.561
    LSA 114*
    2A

Truck is used to haul a 24' 6000 lb camper trailer.

I have yet to download from the truck, I will do that and post as soon as I get a chance.

Thanks in advance.

Tuner in Training
    stock 6.2l 6l80
    Attached Files Attached Files

The basics is that you will have to set the camshaft under the variable cam from ONE to NONE. Then go into the DTC's list under the engine diag tab and set all the VVT camshaft codes to no error reported and uncheck the SES box.

In all honesty it will run on the stock tune, that camshaft isn't extreme but that was bigger than I would have gone if you pretty much just use this for towing. Of course there will need to be lots of time taken to dial in all the airflow and fueling tables to make sure it runs good. You will need to buy a wideband o2 sensor for tuning something like this and the sensor needs to be installed before the cat converters.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Should P2088 and P2089 be set to No error reported?
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8

Tuner in Training
    yeah, I'm just getting into reading about wide band tuning. I came across a website Wide-band.com, I might give that a try. what do you use or the wideband?

AEM make a OBD2 wideband for can-bus vehicles. Your 2007 E38 computer is a can-bus vehicle, so I suggest that one.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.