Thread: 7.3L Powerstroke ECM rebuilt strange row labels/normalizers

Potential Tuner

7.3L Powerstroke ECM rebuilt strange row labels/normalizers

Any 7.3L Diesel guys that can take a look at these bins, one from the old ecm has been tuned and one from the replacement ECU, the replacement ECU has a strange row labeling in the ENGINE//TORQUE MODEL// TORQUE CALCULATION// INVERSE and the INVERSE ALTITUDE tables, wonder if someone could take a look at them?
    maybe point me in the direction to any good articles on tuning the 7.3L which tables do what?

54927G1_as found_Replacement ECU_0003.hpt54927G1_as found_may be tuned_0001.hpt

Mark

Potential Tuner
    Anyone with 7.3L experience?
    IPR shows 65% during a WOT run, Injector Control Pressure shows 1981-2061 psi at 2900-3000 RPM,
    I believe 65% is maxed out, I was expecting closer to 3000 PSI, am i wrong?
    does the throttle Pedal voltage have much to do with WOT power I am at 3.97v.

Potential Tuner
    been looking for help also for my 7.3 excursion seems everyone just uses hydra which sucks cause I use hp on all other vehicles we have

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 08JKU6.0 View Post
    been looking for help also for my 7.3 excursion seems everyone just uses hydra which sucks cause I use hp on all other vehicles we have
    Someone here has more information, hopefuly they will chime in, no matter which chip or software they use it is sort of all the same thing with different descriptions

Potential Tuner
    I was also hoping to have more parameters to log in HPT, but looks like switching back and forth with a handheld scanner is all I can do

Potential Tuner
    Replaced the new ford HPOP again with a higher output pump. now getting 2800+ PSI at 40ish% on the ICP. replaced the factory ford fuel pump (which was new) with a better style pump with bigger lines now fuel pressure holds up at full load, Replaced a bad (new) ford ICP Sensor, still have too deal with codes for high boost and high Exhaust back pressure under full load

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by markemac View Post
    Any 7.3L Diesel guys that can take a look at these bins, one from the old ecm has been tuned and one from the replacement ECU, the replacement ECU has a strange row labeling in the ENGINE//TORQUE MODEL// TORQUE CALCULATION// INVERSE and the INVERSE ALTITUDE tables, wonder if someone could take a look at them?
    maybe point me in the direction to any good articles on tuning the 7.3L which tables do what?

54927G1_as found_Replacement ECU_0003.hpt54927G1_as found_may be tuned_0001.hpt

Mark
    What tune was on the old ECU?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by truxellm View Post
    What tune was on the old ECU?
    it was a tow tune

Potential Tuner

hello any updae on hp tuners with the 7.3

Quote Originally Posted by markemac View Post
    it was a tow tune
    hello have you guys find a way to tune with the 7.3 powerstroke? every forum is a dead end looking for information on tuning HP tuners mpvi 2 with these 7.3 powerstrokes?.

no one on the forums no one on these tuner pages..nothing..

have you guys found anything at all that may help?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by iceboy1369 View Post
    hello have you guys find a way to tune with the 7.3 powerstroke? every forum is a dead end looking for information on tuning HP tuners mpvi 2 with these 7.3 powerstrokes?.

no one on the forums no one on these tuner pages..nothing..

have you guys found anything at all that may help?
    Crickets is all i get