Thread: VE table issue

VE table issue

I am currently tuning a customer car, 2009 Chrysler 300 5.7L Hemi Automatic, that has had mds deleted along with a larger than stock camshaft.

My issue is that any change I make to either bank 1 or 2 VE table, the vehicle does not respond. I am currently just trying to get fuel trims down at idle before moving up in the rev range. The customer did not physically lock out or limit the VVT cam gear so VVT is still fully functional.

In the factory tune, the neutral network is already disabled (I have tried enabling it but no change). I have found that if I disable the exhaust cam, the VE tables will function as expected. However with exhaust cam enabled, the logged base VE remains at about 72-74% at idle no matter what is in the VE tables in the tune. This then leads to trims pulling around 30% fuel.

I have attach both the factory tune and the current tune I am working on(I am aware that the VE values in this modified tune are very low in the idle area, reason being was just to exaggerate the difference in the logs).
    I have also attached 2 logs, one with exhaust cam enabled and one disabled. The only difference in the tune with these logs is the exhaust cam enable/disable function. The VE tables in both of these logs are the exact same, however you can see the EC enable log reads about 73% and the EC disable log reads about 46%(which follows the table).

I have read some forums about similar issues with 2009 chryslers but have not been able to find a solution.

Tried to be as descriptive as possible but if you need any more info please let me know.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Bump. I am having the same issue with a 2009 Challenger M6. Even the PE tables don?t work properly.

Potential Tuner
    Did anyone find a solution to this?

Sometimes the cam phasing disable/enable is "backwards" but once NN is off it should default to VE tables. with NN off PE tables wont matter. I would leave the Cam Phasing disabled,

2009 Chrysler 300 - Cam - HPT Forums - Performance Masters LLC.hpt

I messed with the tune file a bit. Can try it if you want. PM if you need more information.
    2013 Charger R/T - 1-3/4'' Longtubes, Catless Mids, 180 T-Stat, CAI, 6.4 Manifold Swap, 370whp@5600/411wtq@3950
    Contact [email protected] for Engine Building or Tuning needs!

I think the correct way is to disable vvt over exhaust, because the VE tables can not handle the vvt.
    If VE table is not responsing, the NN is working.

VE tables should be able to handle VVT.
    2013 Charger R/T - 1-3/4'' Longtubes, Catless Mids, 180 T-Stat, CAI, 6.4 Manifold Swap, 370whp@5600/411wtq@3950
    Contact [email protected] for Engine Building or Tuning needs!

Quote Originally Posted by GaS Engines View Post
    VE tables should be able to handle VVT.
    The two small VE tables cannot adequately handle VVT. The best way to maintain VVT is to re-train the ANN using the Neural Network Trainer.

So I'm having somewhat of a similar issue, with my VE tables seeming to not be in control. I have my Cam Phaser locked out completely.....Am I understanding that to properly Speed Density tune, I should turn off the Exhaust Cam? Also when tuning with VE tables, the PE section really isn't used? Are these correct assumptions? I'm tracking down a bunch of issues with my turbo build. I will post up the initial tune later tonight

You need to disable your ANN for the two VE tables to work. Also disable your VVT since you're locked out anyway. The PE tables should be working.