Thread: o2 sensor behavior wideband tuning maf

o2 sensor behavior wideband tuning maf

I got my aem 30-334 installed and i am still running maf only with dfco disabled to cal my maf with eq ratio error instead of ltft. I have made some changes to the o2 sensor settings for the proportional and intergral tables and at 1400 rpms and above the switching is very consistent and tight. I think its better. I didnt notice the swings so much when using ltft but now with the wideband i notice when i am off the gas and coasting or decel on brake i am in open loop. Is this correct? this is really skewing my trims a lot and i believe its because of it switching to open loop. It mainly affects the low hertz regions from idle up to about 2400. I thought with the dfco disabled the truck would still be trying to maintain closed loop fueling. I have read about adjusting the LTFT idle cell thresholds using the Vss. am i on the right track or do i need to disable the dfco using more than just the engine temp? on a side not the o2 idle switching is still slightly slow. part throttle is looking good. Should i make more proportional/intergral adjustments trying to get idle tighter or leave it be and be more concerned with how they act under steady part throttle?
    Last edited by tjd1991; 03-18-2020 at 09:51 AM.

Set up a filter in the scanner to ignore values at <3% throttle opening

Thanks. I?ll try to use data >8 tps since thats my tps when I am coasting or in December. and see if it helps. Bumped cell hit up to 50 too.

I?m think I am also going to disable closed loop for now that I have the wideband. Seems that?s the way to do it since now I can rely on the wideband readings

Quote Originally Posted by tjd1991 View Post
    I?m think I am also going to disable closed loop for now that I have the wideband. Seems that?s the way to do it since now I can rely on the wideband readings
    Yes, that is the correct way to do it.

Advanced Tuner
    I've been trying so long to get consistent readings from my wideband and I am not getting anywhere trying different filters. The VVE or MAF tables just don't converge from feedback, the moment you think you got it you don't I am thinking with the stock narrowbands a large cam with high overlap does not read correctly and will screw up the feedback and fueling.

i am having much better results consistency wise in open loop right now. that being said i know it is possible to adjust my o2 settings so that they will be able to correctly control fuel. its just that i have messed with it a few times and havent been happy enough with them yet. which wideband are you using?

Advanced Tuner
    OP car and mods? It's suggested that a 150 minimum cell count is best for calibrations.
    2023 Ford Maverick 2.0T AWD

i am using 150 for cell count. 2016 l86 silverado headers and intake.