Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2007 Trailblazer SS Beginning tune

Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    Raising shift pressures is good (less slip), reducing the shift timing tables is good (even less slip), reducing Shift TM (lots more slip) in a 400HP, ~5000lb AWD SUV scares me a little.
    Just a quick thanks, I did finally see/figure out the difference of adding to shift pressure and timing, and as well "adding to" the shift TM to reduce the torque at shifts as you showed in your graphs in the other message.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

"To explain the lure of speed you would have to explain human nature; but it is easier understood than explained...Speed is the second oldest animal craving in our nature..." -- T. E. Lawrence
    2000 Regal GSE
    2007 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    That table is the % of engine torque to reduce by, which it achieves by reducing spark timing. Bigger numbers = less timing = less torque = less slip during the shift.

I am not looking to bang gears burn rubber and impress the laideez... I'm trying to be nice to the puny trans GM for whatever reason decided to put in these giant tanks. And besides, an invisible, seamless shift feels nicer to me. YMMV and all that.
    Hey Sir,
    I wanted to thank you for your input in all this, I really do have it dialed in and the shifts are GREAT, early and really smooth anything less then 55% throttle.
    I am still struggling a little with an item or two that would certainly feel better (to me I think) and possibly help a tad more mpg. The factory tune yielded under 11 avg. it was like 10.6. I am up to 11.8 to 11.9, again it is very average as where I live there are a dozen different speed limits within a 5 mile radius and US 31 is a mile away too. As well, I do have a bit of a heavy foot when just tooling around. My best HWY on a 32 mile stretch is under 18, like 16.8 to 17.6, depends on cruising speeds.

The DFCO is one of them. I understand its purpose I believe, but seem clueless on setting it properly (or to my taste) as I am still getting some "engine brake feeling" in a couple spots as I coast down, and the first is immediately after you lift completely at any speed over 45, for a second, (more seconds at higher speeds it seems), but still only a few, then it coasts well til down about 29 to 32 (maybe a couple lower), then coasts well again just a few seconds after.
    To best describe the feeling, is like lifting at a mid range rpm in a manual trans in a lower gear.

I'd love to find more info on this setting if you know of anything, maybe have a link or even a "tuner type video" as I've learned a "BOATLOAD" from several of those.

Thanks again, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

p.s. You never did tell me your first name, I call you Mr. Squirrel............ lol
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

"To explain the lure of speed you would have to explain human nature; but it is easier understood than explained...Speed is the second oldest animal craving in our nature..." -- T. E. Lawrence
    2000 Regal GSE
    2007 Trailblazer SS