Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2010 Audi A4 Stock Tune HELP!!!

Tuner in Training

Exclamation 2010 Audi A4 Stock Tune HELP!!!

Hi

I am trying to tune my 2010 Audi A4 completely stock. This is my daily driver so I was thinking if it is possible to have a good few economy tune at D and a powerful tune for sports mode. I did came across maps for drive and sport mode and modified them accordingly. Please take a look at it and let me know what you feel.

Furthermore, when I was doing some pulls today I got EPC light and also got MIL for overboost. Can yopu please help what shall be done to fix it.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    post your tuned file aswell please

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerJDubbs View Post
    The one posted above and the log, both are tuned file and logs. I named it wrong. It is tuned file version 1.0. Please let me know if you need me to post it again. Thank you Tyler for looking into it. BTW I live in Ontario as well. Windsor. Good to see that you are from Ontario as well. I hope you are doing well in the pandemic.

Tuner in Training
    Let me know if you have any trouble downloading the file. The hpt file in my first post is the tuned file and the log is with the tuned file itself. Would you be needing my original stock file as well?

Again, Thank you for looking into this. I really appreciate it.

Advanced Tuner
    first off to determine your overboost issue you need to log requested boost vs actual boost, this will help determine where the limiting factor is for over boost faults

also your PE table ([ECM] 14974 - Power Enrichment) doesnt seem optimal as you shouldnt be enriching further up the torque scale (at 75% torque in your tuned file) than the oem tune (85% torque and hihger RPM) as this is normally for your temp control fueling to take care of

Advanced Tuner
    also your torque to load table seems like just a percent increase across the board which will effect the way the car responds (normally in a negative way IMHO)

you should try a more gradual increase to your max load setpoint in just the last three columns to have a more reasonable load request map

TLLTtable.jpg

Tuner in Training
    also your torque to load table seems like just a percent increase across the board which will effect the way the car responds (normally in a negative way IMHO)

you should try a more gradual increase to your max load setpoint in just the last three columns to have a more reasonable load request map

TLLTtable.jpg
    I decided to take it slow hence I made few changes rather than making a lot at a time. Can you take a look at this file and let me know how it looks. I do not want to flash it and drive if there is some thing usually wrong.

Thank you for your time.

Tuner
    AMG,

New to the game here too... Wondering what block you have... wouldn't be a CAEB lump by chance now would it?

I have been running another tune (both base Stage 1 and 2) so I might be able to provide a nice jumping off point to fill the Audi void! Not seeing much for the B8s in here!

Just ordered the other day so it might be a few before I will know if I can cross over the tunes.

Thanks!

Ken

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Botbasher View Post
    AMG,

New to the game here too... Wondering what block you have... wouldn't be a CAEB lump by chance now would it?

I have been running another tune (both base Stage 1 and 2) so I might be able to provide a nice jumping off point to fill the Audi void! Not seeing much for the B8s in here!

Just ordered the other day so it might be a few before I will know if I can cross over the tunes.

Thanks!

Ken
    That would be awesome if you can share your files here for comparison. I have a CAEB motor.

Tuner in Training

Exclamation

TLLTtable.jpg
    Hey Tyler

I took your suggestions and tried to fix some more elements of my tune. The car is definitely not as peppy as I was expecting but definitely better than stock. I made changes to sports mode maps and tried to keep drive mode as stock as possible for fuel economy. Also I could not find out the commanded boost or actual boost parameter in the logger. Can you please help me with that. I logged MAP but I am not sure if there is a calculated variable for boost in the software. Also I got EPC light in a small pull I did in drive mode but it went away and never came back after a key cycle. Can you please guide me what can cause a EPC light? What am I doing wrong?

Thank you for your time. Please let me know what do you think.

Tuner in Training

TLLTtable.jpg
    Also at what point shall I begin to add duty cycle to LPFP or HPFP? What is the max driver demand value I can add to the map? How to determine that? Do you think advancing them timing up top will help?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by AMGROAR View Post
    Hey Tyler

I took your suggestions and tried to fix some more elements of my tune. The car is definitely not as peppy as I was expecting but definitely better than stock. I made changes to sports mode maps and tried to keep drive mode as stock as possible for fuel economy. Also I could not find out the commanded boost or actual boost parameter in the logger. Can you please help me with that. I logged MAP but I am not sure if there is a calculated variable for boost in the software. Also I got EPC light in a small pull I did in drive mode but it went away and never came back after a key cycle. Can you please guide me what can cause a EPC light? What am I doing wrong?

Thank you for your time. Please let me know what do you think.

You need to log requested load aswell as requested TIP, if you dont have them available then open a ticket, cant do much without logging those

You need to raise HP/LPFP modules once you start to break 80%IDC (roughly 7.4ms @6K)

Tuner in Training
    You need to log requested load aswell as requested TIP, if you dont have them available then open a ticket, cant do much without logging those

You need to raise HP/LPFP modules once you start to break 80%IDC (roughly 7.4ms @6K)

I just noticed I am missing a bunch of variables in the scanner. I do not even have IDC. Do you think you can share the screenshot of a Audi A4 scanner config. I just want to see what all you got vs what I have.

Advanced Tuner
    RegDriving4-StockTune.hpl

I'm still working on getting stuff added as well, seems like pulling teeth with HPTuners sometimes, but this is what i have

Tuner in Training

I'm still working on getting stuff added as well, seems like pulling teeth with HPTuners sometimes, but this is what i have
    I have submitted a ticket too. I hope to hear back from them soon. I literally have nothing in my scanner, just very basic PIDs.

Tuner in Training

Question

Hi

Meanwhile while HP Tuner is working on my ticket. Can you please look at my latest calibration file and log file. Car drives good. Actual boost (MAP-Atm Pressure) looks good. No codes. Only thing that is worrying me is spark timing. I am seeing spark retard at high loads. I do not have knock variable in my scanner profile so I am looking at something else called Spark Retard Cylinder 1/2/3/4 and assuming it is something to do with knock spark retard. Anyways can you please take a look at my calibration and log file if something stands out as is? Also does the lambda looks good to you up top?

Thank you

Tuner in Training
    Also can you please tell me what is the role of this variable?

[ECM] 10456 - Wastegate Substitution Enable: Enables or disables substitution of the wastegate control. With this the target wastegate duty cycle is overwritten, but error conditions or manual control can still overwrite this value.

Advanced Tuner
    Hi

Meanwhile while HP Tuner is working on my ticket. Can you please look at my latest calibration file and log file. Car drives good. Actual boost (MAP-Atm Pressure) looks good. No codes. Only thing that is worrying me is spark timing. I am seeing spark retard at high loads. I do not have knock variable in my scanner profile so I am looking at something else called Spark Retard Cylinder 1/2/3/4 and assuming it is something to do with knock spark retard. Anyways can you please take a look at my calibration and log file if something stands out as is? Also does the lambda looks good to you up top?

Thank you
    You are not getting enough enrichment at peak load 2900rpm .96lambda @ 2.01bar absolute is a bit on the lean side even for DI and especially while trying to run 5* advance

[ECM] 14974 - Power Enrichment. enrich slightly earlier because now you make more load for the same amount of requested torque

[ECM] 14772 - Spark Retard Overtemperature Lambda Adder Mult. map should help in the top end for fueling request to follow temp control base

[ECM] 14995 - Exhaust Manifold EGT Threshold Temperature. lowering this map slightly to your average exhaust temp *C will ensure temp control fueling is active and consistent so that the tune is more predictable

[ECM] 10456 - Wastegate Substitution Enable. as for your question about this map, it bypasses the regular feed forward strategy and allows you to set WGDC based on the manual control strategy? not 100% on that one but its my best guess

some end points... you have missfires shown in the log, its likley you need a carbon cleaning or plugs and coils freshened up, also what fuel are you running?

Tuner in Training
    You are not getting enough enrichment at peak load 2900rpm .96lambda @ 2.01bar absolute is a bit on the lean side even for DI and especially while trying to run 5* advance

[ECM] 14974 - Power Enrichment. enrich slightly earlier because now you make more load for the same amount of requested torque

[ECM] 14772 - Spark Retard Overtemperature Lambda Adder Mult. map should help in the top end for fueling request to follow temp control base

[ECM] 14995 - Exhaust Manifold EGT Threshold Temperature. lowering this map slightly to your average exhaust temp *C will ensure temp control fueling is active and consistent so that the tune is more predictable

[ECM] 10456 - Wastegate Substitution Enable. as for your question about this map, it bypasses the regular feed forward strategy and allows you to set WGDC based on the manual control strategy? not 100% on that one but its my best guess

some end points... you have missfires shown in the log, its likley you need a carbon cleaning or plugs and coils freshened up, also what fuel are you running?
    I considered your suggestions in my latest tune. Can you please take a look at it. Also I am running 91 Octane 60% of the times and 94/93 Octane 40% of the time. I recently changed the spark plugs to iridium IX. Also coils were changed some 20K miles ago.

Is there anything else you think I should change in the calibration which can help? I did a pull with the latest tune and attached the log file as well. Do you think I should reduce spark retard in low octane tables or any other place? I look forward to your reply.

Thank you for your help.
    Last edited by AMGROAR; 06-24-2020 at 04:57 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    I considered your suggestions in my latest tune. Can you please take a look at it. Also I am running 91 Octane 60% of the times and 94/93 Octane 40% of the time. I recently changed the spark plugs to iridium IX. Also coils were changed some 20K miles ago.

Is there anything else you think I should change in the calibration which can help? I did a pull with the latest tune and attached the log file as well. Do you think I should reduce spark retard in low octane tables or any other place? I look forward to your reply.

Thank you for your help.
    Check out the changes i made to timing tables in this file, this is normally what you should be going for.

also i changed the pedal axis of power enrichment to better utilize the actual range of the seen pedal by the ecu

i also disabled the lambda adder as you were seeing really rich request/actual while in temp control

A4_Stg1_V4_Edited_Enriched_V3_Spark_Component_Protection_Tyler_edit (New).hpt