Thread: Need help with 4L65e converter/transmission tune

Need help with 4L65e converter/transmission tune

Hey guys, long time lurker, first time post. I apologize if this has been answered elsewhere. I have been able to answer 100's of questions on here by searching, but I just can't figure this issue out. Hence the 1st post. So thank you all for what I have already learned.

My setup is a 2005 Yukon Denali, LQ4, 4L65E, VS 7875 turbo, Sloppy stage 2 cam, 2400 stall converter by Trans1. Currently only running a 5# spring to get my feet wet with this whole tuning thing. History on the truck is I had a donor vehicle (2004 Denali) and purchased this with a seized engine. Original plan was to swap good motor into good truck. Decided to do cam/springs while it was out and that escalated quickly to where I am now.

My issue is I cannot get this thing to be drivable to feel comfortable with finishing up my ve table, let alone hit WOT. If I peddle it, it will shift gears but the RPMs make no sense in relation to the speed I am going. Nor do they seem to change at all when the shift happens. At about 45 mph it feels as if it is N unless I give her a good 4200 RPM.

I have tried the Bluecat program and it raised the shift points and felt like it got worse. Following the advice of Kemp, Frost, Jimmyblue and many others I have tried multiple things but I feel as if I am chasing my tale here. The 2 things that have helped are mutliplying the force motor current by .90 as well as TCC duty cycle adjustments. I have reset everything to stock other than those 2.

Am I trying to tune out a mechanical issue? I feel like this is a low stall and really shouldn't be giving me these kind of issues. I do have a known good 4L65E still in the donor vehicle and probably should have just bought a Yank or Circle D from the get go, but I wanted to stay low budget so I could build that trans later and still have it on the road.

Can someone please take a look and give me some guidance? Posting current tune and quick drive around neighborhood. Hopefully I have enough PIDS for decent data.
    Attached Files Attached Files