Thread: L5p HELP

Potential Tuner

L5p HELP

Ok so I bought an already deleted and tuned l5p. Truck was set on a tow tune no light truck ran great.I just got the rest of the tunes sent to me. I attempted to install the sport tune today. Now I have an engine light with an exhaust fluid message and a 95 miles until 65 mph top speed. I have no clue what I did wrong but I need to fix it ASAP. This is my daily driver so I can?t really have this going on. Can someone shed some light here on what I can do to fix this?

Potential Tuner
    Sounds like the original tow tune was written and installed with tuning software/ with delete. Recently the tuning software companies updated there software. When you updated with the rest of the tunes(assumed at a later date). The deleted part of the tune was no longer there. The updated tune doesn't have the delete side.

Potential Tuner
    Im having the same issue how do I fix it?
    TURN IT UP SOME!!

You'll have to run the original tune fit to your truck already unless you can find someone off grid to do what you are aiming to do and modify your new tunes. Regulations no longer allow businesses to offer these types of off road tunes, as the feds could shut them down. The major companies are now focused on creating great emissions compliant tuning and have done a great job from what I read. The other option is to bring your truck back to legal terms and reinstall the equipment unfortunately.
    2006 GTO 403ci lsa heads kooks long tubes corsa ss exhaust OTR intake HPTuned

2010 GMC Sierra LMM Duramax. Exhaust and tuned

Potential Tuner
    I flashed tow tune, and then disconnected the batteries for 10 min. and the Service Engine Exhaust System light has not came back on for a week now. I hope it works for you!!
    TURN IT UP SOME!!

Great i hope that fixed it. I am not totally sure of the algorithms the truck uses to put into regen, but if off then wont matter. I am following these L5P threads as i inevitably will get to one soon enough. Thanks for the follow up
    2006 GTO 403ci lsa heads kooks long tubes corsa ss exhaust OTR intake HPTuned

2010 GMC Sierra LMM Duramax. Exhaust and tuned