Thread: First Tune Feedback

Tuner in Training

First Tune Feedback

So I Just installed a wide band on my C6 Z06 (LS7) with headers and intake. I decided to self isolate and try out tuning. I did some MAF tuning and VVE off of the wide band. I have attached a log with some different types of driving I did. If anyone wants to look over it and give some feedback or just make sure it seems like a decent tune. I think next I will try and add some more timing? I am running on 93 octane.

I want to also thank everyone here on the forum, it is awesome I can get all the information to learn and try and do this all myself!
    Thanks

FirstTuneLog.hpl

I would not add timing yet. There is still knock being picked up.

Your commanded is still off from the actual at wide open throttle still. It's asking for .86 lambda but still seeing .88 to .89 lambda on the wideband. Or if you prefer AFR units, that's 12.7 but seeing 12.9 to 13.0.

Make it so that you are seeing 12.6-12.7 on the wideband like you ask. And do not be surprised that going richer is better. I'd much rather run at 12.2-12.5 AFR on pump gas, it's generally safer and doubtful you'd notice any difference. See if that helps with the random knock you are seeing.

If you can hold 24-26 degrees on timing at full throttle, that's pretty good. Why risk the chance at knock when running it out to 28+ degrees of timing. The power gains likely have fallen off before then anyway.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks, Ill look into doing some more MAF tuning and edit the PE table to richen up a bit also.