Thread: PE enrichment rate

Advanced Tuner

PE enrichment rate

I'm just referring to my (14 ctsv) car, but out of the many tunes i've seen for the Vs 99% of them have the enrichment rate set around .5 or higher (stock is .02). Anytime I have set mine at that quick of a rate the commanded fuel switches instantly but there is a lag of when the fuel actually comes down to that point causing a huge "lean" condition during that transition. Isn't it pretty pointless to set such a quick enrichment rate if all that it's going to do is cause a huge lean condition??
    Last edited by sgod1100; 03-22-2020 at 11:15 AM.

Senior Tuner
    Have you tried increasing it to above 1.0? Maybe in the 1.5-2.0 range?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin87turbot View Post
    Have you tried increasing it to above 1.0? Maybe in the 1.5-2.0 range?
    yyup, the commanded comes in even faster, but the actual still lags behind it

Advanced Tuner
    How much lag are we talking, which wideband are you using, and how is it connected? I've got mine set to 2.0, have a 30-0334 wideband through the obd2, and it responds pretty darn quickly. Sometimes there is a little lean spike on a hard transition, but nothing crazy.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by RobZL1 View Post
    How much lag are we talking, which wideband are you using, and how is it connected? I've got mine set to 2.0, have a 30-0334 wideband through the obd2, and it responds pretty darn quickly. Sometimes there is a little lean spike on a hard transition, but nothing crazy.
    Same one that you are using connected through the OBD2...i'll have to take a look at a few logs to give you an actual number on the time of the lag

Advanced Tuner
    I'll post one up later of mine, too, for you to compare

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by RobZL1 View Post
    I'll post one up later of mine, too, for you to compare
    that would be great, thanks

Senior Tuner
    there is always lag between enrichment and the WB showing it from the distance from injection to the wideband/02 sensor, or transient fuel may need enriching to suit the change in load/throttle movement it can help also, or u need to disable desoot mode

Quote Originally Posted by 07GTS View Post
    there is always lag between enrichment and the WB showing it from the distance from injection to the wideband/02 sensor, or transient fuel may need enriching to suit the change in load/throttle movement it can help also, or u need to disable desoot mode
    This is exactly what I was going to say. If you're having a lean spike on transition, then you need to add some transient fuel (similar to what an accelerator pump on an old carb would do) to take care of the extra jump in airflow when the throttle cracks. As 07GTS said, there will always be a delay between when a change happens and when the wideband detects it based on the distance the exhaust has to travel. Some standalone software actually has a provision in the software to account for this. Just for peace of mind, you could measure the time taken from when the injectors shut off in DFCO and when the wideband actually reads lean to get an idea of your offset.