Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Car tuned in OL, how to turn on CL

Tuner in Training Turbostangs90's Avatar

Car tuned in OL, how to turn on CL

Long story short, I put the wrong sensors in for my 02, so tuner couldnt turn on the CL tuning....so the car was tuned for OL while cruising.

I made changes to the tune to activate the CL, but when I datalog it says Closed Loop isnt active. I have attached the tune file. What am I missing??

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2009 CTSV Sedan CRT
    TMS 427, Modified Huron Twin Kit, BW-S369s, Greg Good CNC Brodix BR7s, Lil Jon Turbo Cam, PTC converter spec'd by Dusty Bradford, ID1700s, FORE Fuel System, built 6l90

1990 Mustang tuned using Holley EFI

ECM 12462 - Closed Loop Enable Delay is still at max
    All the upstream O2 DTCs are still set to No Error

(unrelated, but your injector data was not entered correctly, and fixing it now will require retuning - your flow rate table is flat as if it's using a boost referenced regulator, but the Offset vs Press vs IGNV is sloped as if it was still returnless)

Also change your Dynamic airflow High RPM disable and re-enable. It is set to 200 and 100.
    2013 OBM A6 CTS-V Coupe
    Mods: Headers back Billy Boat Exhaust, GripTec 2.65, 8.6 PowerBond Lower, LSX Innovations Solid Isolator, ID850's, NGK TR7IX's, Accel 9070CK Wires, Spectre CAI, SRI Ported Throttle Body, SRI Catch Can, NGK AFRM, 160* T-Stat, 0fx2gv Brick, Hard Line Delete W/3/4" Lines, FB 101 FMIC, Pierberg CWA50, Stoptech Drilled/Slotted Rotors, EBC Redstuff, Cut Stock Springs, Flat Bottom Steering Wheel
    2006 Black Raven STS-V (Traded In)
    Fully Modded: 459RWHP@5888rpm/451lbft@4696rpm

My VE table isn?t tuned. Car was tuned using MAF. Is that going to be an issue?

Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post

(unrelated, but your injector data was not entered correctly, and fixing it now will require retuning - your flow rate table is flat as if it's using a boost referenced regulator, but the Offset vs Press vs IGNV is sloped as if it was still returnless)
    Thank you for the input.
    Yes I am using a boost reference regulator.

Your VVE table is not stock.

What year is your car?
    Last edited by PGA2B; 02-19-2023 at 03:50 PM.
    2013 OBM A6 CTS-V Coupe
    Mods: Headers back Billy Boat Exhaust, GripTec 2.65, 8.6 PowerBond Lower, LSX Innovations Solid Isolator, ID850's, NGK TR7IX's, Accel 9070CK Wires, Spectre CAI, SRI Ported Throttle Body, SRI Catch Can, NGK AFRM, 160* T-Stat, 0fx2gv Brick, Hard Line Delete W/3/4" Lines, FB 101 FMIC, Pierberg CWA50, Stoptech Drilled/Slotted Rotors, EBC Redstuff, Cut Stock Springs, Flat Bottom Steering Wheel

Quote Originally Posted by PGA2B View Post
    Your VVE table does not look stock.

What year is your car?
    The previous owner may have had that tuned. The car is an 09

Yeah, it's not stock.
    Last edited by PGA2B; 02-19-2023 at 04:03 PM.
    2013 OBM A6 CTS-V Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Turbostangs90 View Post
    My VE table isn?t tuned. Car was tuned using MAF. Is that going to be an issue?
    Not an issue at all.

This.

Thanks guys. I swear I thought I had changed that CL delay table back to stock....weird that it didnt stick.
    2009 CTSV Sedan CRT
    TMS 427, Modified Huron Twin Kit, BW-S369s, Greg Good CNC Brodix BR7s, Lil Jon Turbo Cam, PTC converter spec'd by Dusty Bradford, ID1700s, FORE Fuel System, built 6l90

Should I go and disable the SES and change the Error Mode to no MIL light for all bank 1, bank 2 sensor 1 codes? I counted 10 of them total.
    2009 CTSV Sedan CRT

Keep the SES and change error mode to MIL on second error.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.z0611 View Post
    Keep the SES and change error mode to MIL on second error.
    Done, thank you
    2009 CTSV Sedan CRT

Quote Originally Posted by Turbostangs90 View Post
    Done, thank you
    You're welcome.

A stock file can be used to compare DTC differences for putting stuff back to stock. It won't show what the compare (stock) file's settings are but when they match the outlined box around what's different will go away.

I set the Closed loop enable delay to pretty much stock settings. I let the car warm up to 205* and the closed loop still didnt activate. What am I missing?TT.ClosedLoopEnabled.TUTD.hpt
    2009 CTSV Sedan CRT

Who mutilated the DTC list like that? There are lots of things turned off that shouldn't be, not just the upstream O2s (which are STILL set to No Error, btw).

Set the B1S1/B2S1 O2 DTC back to stock, see if that gets the ECM reading actual O2 voltages. 450mV is what they read when open circuit - if they still won't read after fixing the tune file, you need to verify O2s are pinned correctly and plugged in to the right harness connectors.

I never looked at the DTC list until now. The previous owner took it to many tuners and was having hell with it. That may be the reason I got the car so cheap. The car runs extremely well, with no issues at all. I was just trying to get the CL working because of all of the crazy weather changes we have here.
    2009 CTSV Sedan CRT

There are even several ETC codes disabled in there, scary stuff.