Thread: Could this be a fueling issue?

Potential Tuner

Could this be a fueling issue?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHszi6aFc9E

I'm thinking the C5 fuel filter/regulator may not be keeping enough fuel pressure on the rail at WOT.

Tuner in Training
    Pressure looked good through out the video. is there another reason why you're concerned?

Potential Tuner
    Well looking at the STFT's today during idle I noticed that bank 2 was always running about 3-4% less than bank 1. On the video just before shut down I took it up to 4,000 and the fuel pressure was dropping on the gauge. I'm thinking the C5 filter/reg is having problems keeping the fuel pressure up to the rail during WOT pulls. It's been raining for the past couple of days but I'll try again when I can take it past 4,000. Car seems to run very rich but it cruises around a drives well but has issues with idle recovery after WOT pulls, sometimes to the point of stall. I was watching the idle air counts and it was hanging between 55-60 and the TPS .78-.80.

Tuner in Training
    IMO -- The pressure that you should be measuring there should be between 55-65. That would be within GM specs. If you do not have a aftermarket pump that should be pushing more that's what you should get. There are a few other things that you might want to consider... 1. Timing 2. O2 Sensor failure 3. Fuel injector failure.
    To go on your theory, but unlikely, change out the psi regulator and filter for new ones see if you see a difference.
    Let us know what you find.

Potential Tuner
    Weather has finally cleared out and I was able to get it up to 6,000 rpm's under load to see if any significant drop in fuel pressure and the lowest got was around 55psi. I've been adjusting the throttle blade and my IAC counts are anywhere from 25-60. My biggest problem is it seems like the engine wants to stall after acceleration.

Tuner in Training
    Doesn't sound like fuel pressure is a problem, your readings are pretty normal. Post your tune and a log of good data for better help.