Thread: 2013 F150 Eco Recall/Reprogram question

Potential Tuner

2013 F150 Eco Recall/Reprogram question

I need to take my truck in for the transmission recall/reprogram. If they update my PCM file as required in the recall will I have to re-purchase the new file? I used to run into this all the time with SCT, I just want to know if its the same situation with HP.

Thanks! Doug

return your truck to stock. take in for recall. after you get truck back start programming. I've personally used SCT and HPtuners returned my pcm to stock and had recalls performed and haven't had to buy strategy codes.

Yeah, that's all you need to do. Just remember to save your currant tune, that way after they are done you can just reload it and you,ll be back to where you where before you took it in for service. Only real issue is if it leaves a finger print in the system despite you taking it off. I,ve heard stories about guys with the diesels pulling their programers off the newer stuff and the dealer's tecs seeing that it had one on it even though it was pulled. Ford is kinda anal about it due to the warranty issues, and people trying to get free service because of their own stupidity.

Potential Tuner
    Can you help me with a 2013 f150 5.0 to l probably stage one all I want is better mileage and some power added if posible, I willing to pay thank you.