Thread: 2019 F150 Procharger tune

2019 F150 Procharger tune

Anybody successfully tuned this platform? PM me and sell me a base file....

I have spent countless hours trying to tune this with HPTuners and am just about come to the conclusion that HPTuners doesnt work with this platform - over here on the Ford side of the forum there isn't much information....

Bought the Coyote cookbook and that is virtually useless....

where is good information for this platform?!?!
    Last edited by 68Camaro; 03-23-2020 at 03:26 PM.

If your looking to buy a tune, google will get you hooked up.

If you want help with your file, post your tune and log.

2019 FORD F150 WTF.hplSTARWOOD CUSTOMS 2019 FORD F-150 5.0 PROCHARGER FIRST READ.hpt

Here is the base file and a datalog from my current file where the throttle angle desired and actual go crazy opening and closing while my foot remains steady on the pedal.

Thanks for any insight

Quote Originally Posted by 68Camaro
    Quote Originally Posted by LastPlace
    Quote Originally Posted by 68Camaro
    have you successfully tuned one of these trucks with a procharger?
    no, contact lund
    yes - I am having Lund tune it currently. Since you were the only one to reply I figured you might have some experience tuning this platform.... I guess you are just one of the arrogant no-it-all's that actually don't know anything - thanks for wasting my time
    Sorry for wasting your time.
    Last edited by LastPlace; 04-01-2020 at 02:23 PM. Reason: spelling :)

so - the reason I started this thread is because I searched and couldn't find anyone on here talking about this platform....

I am curious if anybody has sucessfully used HPTuners to tune this platform or if the software has inadequacies, bugs, etc....

after trying for nearly a month to tune this platform and datalogging every parameter possible I am thinking HPTuners has some things incorrectly addressed or something and I was hoping some of the smart Ford guys could weigh in and give a clear answer whether or not the software is functional or not on this platform.

as far as me willing to buy a base file I was hoping someone would see how serious I was and realize I don't just want free help....

Sorry for waisting your time.
    I don't need dumbasses like ^ this (ps. - you misspelled wasting)

If this software works on this platform great - if it doesn't HPTuners shouldn't be selling credits for something that still has bugs in it...

Quote Originally Posted by 68Camaro View Post
    I don't need dumbasses like ^ this (ps. - you misspelled wasting)
    I'm sure anyone that helps you will be another "dumb-ass" before you are done with them.

Thank you for the spelling help.
    Last edited by LastPlace; 04-01-2020 at 03:34 PM.

I contacted you in a PM format because I thought you might be willing to help me - all you did was insult my intelligence and then when I called you out on it you drug my response back into the public forum for all to see how you are the big hero (insert troll for hero) - I have found that is really what this forum is full of - trolls

there are a very small percentage of good tuners on here that are actually helpful and to those tuners please excuse my rant - I get sick and tired of trolls who want to be internet hero's but actually have little or no grasp on reality

In the LSx tuning world I am pretty well known and tune some of the fastest LSx platforms in the country and am well respected but I get on this forum and get treated like I am 10 years old by some dumbfuck who thinks 700rwhp is a big deal

P.S. - for anybody who cares - Lund was able to tune the truck using SCT software easily - if anybody wants to defend HPTuners for tuning this platform lets hear about it

Take my advice and contact support instead bashing the hardware publicly - there are many things that won't work with HPT but support can make it work, nobody else can amigo...

In the LSx tuning world I am pretty well known and tune some of the fastest LSx platforms in the country and am well respected but I get on this forum and get treated like I am 10 years old by some dumbfuck who thinks 700rwhp is a big deal
    But this is the FORD WORLD - nobody will help you, you are on your own...why? Because people like lund make a shit ton of money on "not telling you how".

Take my advice and contact support instead bashing the hardware publicly - there are many things that won't work with HPT but support can make it work, nobody else can amigo...
    Thank you for your response - I was hoping to have some discussion and see if other tuners were/are having the same issues I have been having before I contact support....

Again - HPTuners support hasn't been the best to deal with imho.... If I/we as a community nail down the issues I am having (or it just might be my dumbass not knowing this platform well enough) then I could have a better conversation with HPTuners support...

I get tired of every time I email support with a question they always give the standard response that they don't offer tuning advice and to go to the forum....

After spending over $100000 with them over the last 10yrs it should be obvious that I don't need "tuning" help but a little help "navigating" the software on some of these platforms....

I don't know how much you have to spend with this company to actually get treated well but apparently I haven't spent enuff.... I have even went down to their booth at PRI the last 2 years trying to get aquainted with somebody with HPTuners and about 5yrs ago at a power tour event...

HPTuners has my business because they do have a great product but customer service isn't the best and the forum is nothing but a snake pit

I will continue to call it like I see it as long as this is the reality - I have a full blown dyno shop and tune 2000HP+ rwhp LSx platforms and have even tuned coyote platforms successfully (have one as the gatekeeper on my top 10 list @ 1418rwhp)

I have a wealth of knowledge to share if there was just an ounce of mutual respect on here instead of troll zone....
    Last edited by 68Camaro; 04-02-2020 at 09:56 PM.

Keep the faith brother we just gotta get folks in the ford community to unite. There are a lot of folks that really do try and help people out there like Thatwht5.0, murfie, Veeefour, CCS86, and Blackbolt22 and plenty more i am just name dropping a bit. I had zero tuning experience before coming on here and have my car running decently well from the knowledge i picked up off the forums granted she is a bit rough still id compare it to a howitzer vs a sniper rifle but i learn more everyday!

As far as support goes well i can't speak to that i haven't run into an issue but my car is a 2012 gt so a little more seasoned software wise. I hope you get the support you need and i hope our community comes together like the GM boys they're making us forx guys look bad!

Tune well stay safe my friend

Thank you for your response - I was hoping to have some discussion and see if other tuners were/are having the same issues I have been having before I contact support....

Again - HPTuners support hasn't been the best to deal with imho.... If I/we as a community nail down the issues I am having (or it just might be my dumbass not knowing this platform well enough) then I could have a better conversation with HPTuners support...

I get tired of every time I email support with a question they always give the standard response that they don't offer tuning advice and to go to the forum....

After spending over $100000 with them over the last 10yrs it should be obvious that I don't need "tuning" help but a little help "navigating" the software on some of these platforms....

I don't know how much you have to spend with this company to actually get treated well but apparently I haven't spent enuff.... I have even went down to there booth at PRI the last 2 years trying to get aquainted with somebody with HPTuners and about 5yrs ago at a power tour event...

HPTuners has my business because they do have a great product but customer service isn't the best and the forum is nothing but a snake pit

I will continue to call it like I see it as long as this is the reality - I have a full blown dyno shop and tune 2000HP+ rwhp LSx platforms and have even tuned coyote platforms successfully (have one as the gatekeeper on my top 10 list @ 1418rwhp)

I have a wealth of knowledge to share if there was just an ounce of mutual respect on here instead of troll zone....

I have done a Couple 18+ TT F150s with the HPT software. No Procharged ones yet. I have done quite a few 15-17 Whippled F150s also. I Found the F150s more challenging tuning them as the SD calculators in the software make it kinda a Pita and wouldn't take certain numbers. Took tons of time testing and trying this and that to get them to run ok.

Keep the faith brother we just gotta get folks in the ford community to unite. There are a lot of folks that really do try and help people out there like Thatwht5.0, murfie, Veeefour, CCS86, and Blackbolt22 and plenty more i am just name dropping a bit. I had zero tuning experience before coming on here and have my car running decently well from the knowledge i picked up off the forums granted she is a bit rough still id compare it to a howitzer vs a sniper rifle but i learn more everyday!

As far as support goes well i can't speak to that i haven't run into an issue but my car is a 2012 gt so a little more seasoned software wise. I hope you get the support you need and i hope our community comes together like the GM boys they're making us forx guys look bad!

Tune well stay safe my friend
    Thanks for the response Kaleph - I just needed to rant a little and eat a snickers - I will keep digging on this platform (unfortunatly this one is tuned and gone now)

I love cars and tuning in general and always have been an open book when it comes to sharing what I know with others even though this is how I make my living as well - the whole keeping secrets game never has appealed to me as I like talking about cars and how to mod them almost as much as getting to drive the finished product

I have done a Couple 18+ TT F150s with the HPT software. No Procharged ones yet. I have done quite a few 15-17 Whippled F150s also. I Found the F150s more challenging tuning them as the SD calculators in the software make it kinda a Pita and wouldn't take certain numbers. Took tons of time testing and trying this and that to get them to run ok.

Thanks RickClarke23 - I appreciate your response and hope to learn from you and some of the other guys on here in the future.... I will keep checking back on this platform and hopefully be able to contribute a little in the future

I don't know how much you have to spend with this company to actually get treated well but apparently I haven't spent enuff.... I have even went down to their booth at PRI the last 2 years trying to get aquainted with somebody with HPTuners and about 5yrs ago at a power tour event...

I have a lot of issues with VCM Suite - sometimes support will help sometimes they won't. You can either use VCM or Advantage software - each with their own unique set of pros and cons. It seems they are more concerned with adding new vehicles rather than improving 2 years old systems that have a lot of issue...those days. I really could't care less of adding 23 new eu spec fiestas and subarus to the list. I would like them to fix those damn 6r80 tables we been waiting for 10 years straight...but it doesn't matter what I wan't.

How much you have to spend? Dunno, it's beyond me how Lund gets away with their tunes, what kind of deal thay have with HPT...I can unlock Lund tunes for living but I just won't cuz I don't want to start any war...Yolo bashing my ass over his Talking Shit YT drama show...

Now you can email me directly and I can help you with few things. My help is here but limited, sometimes requires spending some money as we all won't work for free. I tuned a shit load of turbos, centris, pd's, cams, manis and other stuff for this platform - just need to ask the right questions.

info"at"v-performance.pl
    Last edited by veeefour; 04-03-2020 at 01:49 AM.

Now you can email me directly and I can help you with few things. My help is here but limited, sometimes requires spending some money as we all won't work for free. I tuned a shit load of turbos, centris, pd's, cams, manis and other stuff for this platform - just need to ask the right questions.
    cool - this was my original intent when I started this thread.... never wanted anything for free - I do this for a living and understand paying someone for their time (and hopefully I can learn through the process on this platform)

this truck is done and gone now but the next one of these I get into I will most definitely reach out to you - thanks for responding

Advanced Tuner
    Personally I love my HPT setup and happy we have these forums. I wouldn't have it any other way and am very grateful my platform is supported too. Eric Brooks and the other engineers have put in countless hours unlocking each platform for us but their work is never done so they stay very busy. They really don't have time to get people familiar with tuning but be sure to e-mail support if something isn't working as you deserve a working product. This will generate a ticket for them to resolve an issue that not only you might be experiencing but everyone else.

Also, check out VMPs Tech Tuesday videos or even their other vids. There's a lot of random Ford information from the Q&As but if you listen long enough you'll learn a lot if you're unfamiliar with the Ford platform. They discuss a lot of the latest technologies and are generally on the cutting edge of things. I like that they have a passion and give back to the community too.

The Coyote Cookbook is so outdated now. I own it and it's decent for the 11-14s and OK for the 15-17s but I can't imagine it being very useful for 2018+ since Gen 3 is a good bit different. I really wish they would update it or come out with a V2 that expands on the original Gen1/2 info and also covers the Gen 3 Coyote. Add more info about trans tuning of 11-18+ too.
    Knock Retard is the reduction or prevention of knock by lowering ignition timing:

(+) Adding Knock Retard = Reducing Timing. PCM is seeing knock.
    (--) Lowering Knock Retard = Increasing Timing. PCM isn't seeing knock.
    __________________________________________________ ________

2014 Mustang GT Premium. VMP Gen2R Supercharged with an FTI 3000rpm Converter. JLT, BMR, Steeda, Viking, etc.
    Don't fix it if it ain't broken | Maximum effort gets maximum results

Tuner in Training
    Tuned several Procharged 18+ trucks.... probably a couple hundred Whippled trucks..... a dozen or so turbo trucks.... 25 or so Edelbrock trucks, and starting a VMP Odin blower in the next coming weeks. Model years 18-20.

The software is well sorted, but these are not easy vehicles to tune. Fuel/Air/Spark tuning isn't going to cut it on any speed density HDFX Ford control system. It's a lot of work to do it right, and the 18+ trucks get pissed off when you don't do it right. There's some things that still need to be sorted, and Eric is working on them, but those limits are really only for the guys making four digit power and single digit ET's.