Thread: fleet vehicle, unlicensed vehicle

Tuner in Training

fleet vehicle, unlicensed vehicle

Trying to change some parameters on transmission. Guy from transmission shop called said he rebuilt trans. on truck and replaced tcu with oem gm tcu. He has equipment to flash truck with factory program. Said he drove truck and all is fine but he needs to keep torque converter from locking up in gears 1-4. I can see trans in editor, made changes and tried to write back to truck and all I get is "unlicensed vehicle". It never prompted me to license file when I read from truck, wouldn't prompt me to license when trying to write. Anyone ever run into this ? info log and all is on another computer or I would attach.

Advanced Tuner
    Dont need a license to read, only to write. That's how HP Tuners works. Nothing odd about that. If you want to make changes, you have to pay for the license.

Tuner in Training
    Have several gm license, done several gm vehicles. I've never read a file from a vehicle and not been prompted to license, tried to write file to vehicle without being prompted to license, if it wasn't already licensed. Have never seen "unlicensed vehicle" on any, if it wasn't licensed I was prompted to license when writing.

Advanced Tuner
    Well, I dont know about you specific issue then, but on my Camaro, it does not ask me to license the file when reading it. Only when I write. Weird your having that issue. Cant say that I know what to say about that.

The MPVI2 is different than the MPVI 1.

So that can be part of the difference you get when it prompts you for a license. The MPVI2 lets you read and save without a license but the MPVI wants a license right away.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    I can read from vehicle, make changes all I want, but if I want to write changes I have to license, that's the way it's supposed to be, that's fine, but I have never not been given the chance to license. I have always been prompted to license. Normally I don't license until I write to vehicle, do my thing, hit write, and I am prompted to license, I license and go on, That's what I'm saying, when I try to write to this vehicle I am never given a chance to license. It go right to "unlicensed vehicle".
    Using mpvi pro

Advanced Tuner
    Oh i understand your question now, its not giving you the option at all, to license the file. Yeah idk what to say about that other than, might be time to upgrade to the MPVI2. Could be that, as the software evolves, support for the older hardware may become more and more limited. Might need to put in a support ticket.