Thread: Hi and Low Octane Tables... are they called something diff here 2000 Vortec 5.7 350

Tuner in Training

Question Hi and Low Octane Tables... are they called something diff here 2000 Vortec 5.7 350

I figured out my VE table. focusing on the narrow band for right now.

Can someone tell me where to find the Hi Octane timing table and the Low Octane timing table in this Tune.2.0Tune MAF Cadillac escalade 00.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by LunaAZtech View Post
    I figured out my VE table. focusing on the narrow band for right now.

Can someone tell me where to find the Hi Octane timing table and the Low Octane timing table in this Tune.2.0Tune MAF Cadillac escalade 00.hpt
    Main Spark or somethibg like that.

The older black box does not have a High and Low octane table.

Senior Tuner
    The base table plus the Hi octane max values, which is 4 max, ramped in by 1/2* every two seconds. Also don't over look the 3-4* that gets added when you got into PE from the gas table. With good premium gas, it gets really close to the MBT timing indicated by the OEM. Most benefits will come from reducing the throttle PE is enabled at, and removing any delay to go into PE. Not a whole lot you need to touch with the spark tables, as just from getting into PE sooner it adds the spark in for you.

Attaching a couple pictures of comparing the MBT to the base table and the 4* the hi octane max will put into it, you can see where you would need the extra 4* from the PE, and where you may need to add a little more to get the most out of it, if you don't run into knock first.

Your first thought might be to add the spark in quicker, like 1* per second, and while that may work, it also will make you run into knock easier. What your goal should be is to raise the base table up enough where you dont need to rely on the ramp in as much, and even maybe make the ramp in slower, so it doesnt overshoot where it will run into knock as easy.

Base vs MBT.PNG

Base vs MBT Hi octane.PNG
    Last edited by murfie; 03-25-2020 at 12:25 AM.

Tuner in Training

Thank you... I appreciate your response.
    Its called Base under Base section.
    I am supposed to copy my Hi Octane timing to my low... but it doesn't have the HI Low timing

Tuner in Training
    Very cool @murfie
    looks like its a little bit more complicated and achieving the balance of increasing spark and avoiding knock.

what do you think about Increasing the MAX to 6* from 0-9

Senior Tuner
    Increasing it to 6*, would probably require making timing to ramp in faster to take advantage of it. Id rather reduce it to 2*, then just add 2* across the board of the base, If that doesnt run it into knock reduce to 1* and add that to the base.
    If it does run it in to knock, first try reducing the .5* to .2* every two seconds. Then of course you can add more to the base table in the spots that could use it, if you are not seeing knock there.

the RPM boundaries only use 0-4, filling in the higher numbers i'm not sure is necessary.
    Last edited by murfie; 03-25-2020 at 01:36 PM.