Thread: 2.0 Ecoboost Escape Shaking violently in D/R but not Park. Desperate for help!

Tuner in Training

2.0 Ecoboost Escape Shaking violently in D/R but not Park. Desperate for help!

Please move if this isn't the right place for this, but I figured someone with a keen eye for Fords would be able to give me some insight. I usually tackle GM/Audi/DSM stuff, and I get a car is a car, but I just don't know what I am looking for in this situation.

Have a stock 2013 Ecoboost Escape 2.0 with a weird issue. Started to shake ONLY at idle in Drive/Sport(shifted to 2 and still shakes when stationary) and Reverse. Once you get going it goes away and doesn't happen in Park or Neutral. Stop at a stoplight, it starts to shake really bad again. Put it into park, goes away. He had all 4 mounts replaced, but when the RPMs dipped and the load and map went up when the shaking started, I knew that wasn't the case. Drained the trans fluid refilled, but didn't change anything. Someone said it could be the torque converter, but I usually see that exhibiting different signs. I think it may be either the throttle body or map sensor{ford has a wiring tsb for this} That could be causing it to see false readings and throw it off. Plugs were okay, but they should be done soon, just don't want to bring out the parts cannon just yet.

Thanks for any help I really appreciate it the guy is in a bind.

Attached the scan where the first half is normal and the second half is put into drive. as well as the stock tune and some pics because I know its annoying to download scans and sift

Billscanfinal2.hplBillEscape20eco.hptbillidlepark.jpgbillidledriveengaged.jpg

Two questions, why is your 2.0 listed as a 6 cyl, and 5.1 lbs of preasure at idle seems a bit high ?

Tuner in Training
    In the 2nd photo, manifold absolute is 14.5, which IS high. As a result the trans line pressure commanded is high as well. It sure would seem the converter clutch is dragging down the engine at idle, and the ecu is trying desperately to open up the throttle to keep it running.

Your converter is locking up for some reason, the ratio is .98 in your data log while at 900RPM, sumpa ting is not right. Have you tried flashing a stock file in it?

Tuner in Training
    looks to be pulling a lot of timing at idle. I would try zeroing out your combustion effects table under spark>advance. Also try logging throttle source to determine where the high throttle angle is being commanded from.

Potential Tuner
    My 2010 is doing the same thing and pulling timing once in gear. But I?m also throwing a p0302 code, plugs, coil pack, injectors all check and the compression seems low but not enough to cause this issue.