Thread: Chevrolet Camaro SS 6.2 2017

Potential Tuner

Chevrolet Camaro SS 6.2 2017

Hi. who can tell you how to activate Launch Control . or is this not possible with Hp tuner?

Advanced Tuner
    Not possible with HPT, launch control is controlled by the BCM.

Advanced Tuner
    We really need access to this as it would be very useful, but first we need a better understanding of the torque based system, which unfortunately most knowledge is kept a secret. I know you can change ECM 2861 and 2869 and somehow that will disable the launch control. I believe it is a function of the CCM (chassis control module) however, I am not completely sure on that since when you log using Launch Control the torque source changes to "RPM Limit" and not "Chassis" as I would expect. I do see "Chassis" in some other situations where I think traction control is intervening.

Unfortunately the whole thing seems to be a mess, I don't think the tables and definitions for them in HP Tuners are necessarily wrong, I think it just may be that GM/Bosch have certain definitions for functions and specific vehicle platforms have repurposed some of those functions to where the original notes in the code maybe aren't necessarily right anymore. For example ECM 289 is either enable or disable. The description says "If enabled, Brake Torque Management may be disabled by Traction Control events.", which even stock you can hit the "Traction Control" button and there is no more brake torque management, everyone seems like they want to set this to "disable" although I have never seen it to have any effect. The worst part is when you test things and get one result and think you have it figured out, then all of the sudden its doing something completely different for no reason.