Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New data. Cammed flat top 5.3 help!

Tuner in Training

Still stumped

Hey guys, I have a copy of my most recent tune file and data log. The jeep is still not revving up and falling on its face when the jeep is in drive or reverse. Revs up pretty good in park or neutral and idles pretty well in all gears. It is possible due to my shifter it is trying to start in 2nd, but moves fine at idle and should still be able to rev up especially since once I got some decent speed out of it. This is still a th400 with no electronics to the computer. Also, does still need some throttle to start and for the first 30 seconds until it stabilizes. Revs up good and stays running too, but RPMs get pretty low. I am totally stumped on the situation for drive and reverse not revving up no matter how I feather the throttle it seems to hit a limiter of some sorts when under a load.

Jeep 4-3 #2.hplJeep file idle updated (2)-Newest.hpt

Abuse mode still wasn't changed.

You never set the MAF dtc's to MIL on first error. Second error could be a cause for it not starting on the first try in some cases. It needs to display the fault almost instantly for it to revert to speed density.

Your wideband is reporting that it goes extremely lean under load. Look at your log, it it goes from the 14-16 and all the way to 18-19 AFR when PE kicks in and the commanded AFR drops to 12.68. I would add 10% to both VE tables for starters. Remember that this OS uses the secondary VE in speed density unless you upgrade the OS to the speed density enhanced OS (which I would do). Make sure fuel pressure is not dropping either, it needs to stay at 58psi all the time even under load.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Abuse mode still wasn't changed.

You never set the MAF dtc's to MIL on first error. Second error could be a cause for it not starting on the first try in some cases. It needs to display the fault almost instantly for it to revert to speed density.

Your wideband is reporting that it goes extremely lean under load. Look at your log, it it goes from the 14-16 and all the way to 18-19 AFR when PE kicks in and the commanded AFR drops to 12.68. I would add 10% to both VE tables for starters. Remember that this OS uses the secondary VE in speed density unless you upgrade the OS to the speed density enhanced OS (which I would do). Make sure fuel pressure is not dropping either, it needs to stay at 58psi all the time even under load.

Will do, I thought I had changed abuse mode speed to zero. I will check/change it.

Tuner in Training
    Hey so I think changing abuse mode speed to zero may have done the trick! Was not still fully responsive and I changed all MAF DTC to first time. Still had to give throttle to start and had some surging until it warmed up with giving throttle. I did drive it and it was better about revving higher in drive. Watched the fuel pressure and have 56-57 at idle and it goes to 60 in gear or driving. Also the VE changes got me to run more rich, but I believe still lean on the top end. Did have the jeep going up a hay bale and it did bog down somewhat like before when under a bigger load. Also cannot really blip the throttle and get a good response yet. I logged a good amount of data during this whole thing. Not sure where I can go with having to use throttle on startup and only occasional stalls between shifting reverse to drive.

Also figured out I had changed the abuse mode setting in the transmission to zero and not in the engine abuse mode so thank you for catching that!

Jeep file idle updated (2)-Newest.hptJeep 4-5 #1.hpl

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel196 View Post
    Hey so I think changing abuse mode speed to zero may have done the trick! Was not still fully responsive and I changed all MAF DTC to first time. Still had to give throttle to start and had some surging until it warmed up with giving throttle. I did drive it and it was better about revving higher in drive. Watched the fuel pressure and have 56-57 at idle and it goes to 60 in gear or driving. Also the VE changes got me to run more rich, but I believe still lean on the top end. Did have the jeep going up a hay bale and it did bog down somewhat like before when under a bigger load. Also cannot really blip the throttle and get a good response yet. I logged a good amount of data during this whole thing. Not sure where I can go with having to use throttle on startup and only occasional stalls between shifting reverse to drive.

Also figured out I had changed the abuse mode setting in the transmission to zero and not in the engine abuse mode so thank you for catching that!

Jeep file idle updated (2)-Newest.hptJeep 4-5 #1.hpl

Also, the jeep did seem to sometimes not die when changing gears.

Tuner in Training
    Also, does anyone have a link for a video or anything with instructions for the 1 bar-SD OS change? I found a youtube video for 2-3 bar, but was not sure if it was the same and do not want to mess it up.

Basically the exact same. Apply the 1 bar OS upgrade. Double check that the primary VE has the same data as before. Save file under new name and write entire to the vehicle.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.