Thread: PID changing issue!

PID changing issue!

I searched a bit, but figured I may get my answer more quickly here.
    This is on a 2007 Trailblazer SS
    I have the MPVI pro setup, I plug into the vehicle and connect, I had it setup as I wanted and did the write config.
    I went out ran some data into it and when I got back to look at it, my config I had, that was setup this way;

Screenshot (47).png
    Mainly, this has a "current gear" in the PID table, which I would like to figure out how to use (I got it before in my Regal no problem) but this cracker is being finicky.

After I run data in the logger that I just wrote the config while hook to the car, I open the log and it is this;

Screenshot (48).png
    First thing I notice is gear selector gone, but I haven't compared line by line yet.

Any ideas here? I think I'm pretty sure I am doing it correctly, but........
    That or I'm making a mistake in the added gear position?
    I can't figure it out.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

"To explain the lure of speed you would have to explain human nature; but it is easier understood than explained...Speed is the second oldest animal craving in our nature..." -- T. E. Lawrence
    2000 Regal GSE
    2007 Trailblazer SS

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    You can only log EITHER ecm or TCM data via standalone datalogging, not both. Trans gear is a TCM pid.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    You can only log EITHER ecm or TCM data via standalone datalogging, not both. Trans gear is a TCM pid.
    I got trans temp in there, if it is even working properly, I don't recall finding that in the Engine, or the choices anywhere that pointed to other than transmission. The temp I mean.
    Is it possible to read the current gear then?
    Which area do I need to "not try" to pick any choices from that would be unable due to it being a TCM item?
    Can you read the TCM separate from the ECM then?

Thanks Bill!
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

"To explain the lure of speed you would have to explain human nature; but it is easier understood than explained...Speed is the second oldest animal craving in our nature..." -- T. E. Lawrence
    2000 Regal GSE
    2007 Trailblazer SS

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    You can read both the ecm/tcm pids by using a laptop to scan the vehicle. Standalone datalogging does have limitations though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    You can read both the ecm/tcm pids by using a laptop to scan the vehicle. Standalone datalogging does have limitations though.
    Ah, I see. So my question would be will the MPVI unit ever be able to do this or using the laptop is the only way for good?

Thanks again!

2000 Regal GSE
    2007 Trailblazer SS

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by 00GrcyGtr View Post
    Ah, I see. So my question would be will the MPVI unit ever be able to do this or using the laptop is the only way for good?

Thanks again!
    We have no plans to add any new features to the MPVI1