Thread: 2011 Mustangy 6r80 1967 Bronco Swap WOT Shift issues no power

Potential Tuner

2011 Mustangy 6r80 1967 Bronco Swap WOT Shift issues no power

(EDITED Attached Tune, and Log Files) iHi everyone, Im running into a problem in my 1967 Bronco Coyote swap with a 6r80 Transmission. At WOT from a stop I have slow to no power. However if less than half throttle it shifts and drives perfect!... It seems like the throttle body is shutting down itself. or if the TC is slipping. I have put back the stock tune (2011 mustang) minus the N/V Base calibrations and other specs in the speed Category. I have changed the gears to 4.56 aswell. I Have no CELS, I would like some help diagnosing where my issues are. Before I data log a tune for you all to go over what are the Channels you would like to see datalogged. Thanks for all your help look forward to figuring this out!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by devans15; 03-25-2020 at 04:16 PM. Reason: Uploaded Tube

Advanced Tuner
    Ped WOT Start = 800.. Why though?
    Knock Retard is the reduction or prevention of knock by lowering ignition timing:

(+) Adding Knock Retard = Reducing Timing. PCM is seeing knock.
    (--) Lowering Knock Retard = Increasing Timing. PCM isn't seeing knock.
    __________________________________________________ ________

2014 Mustang GT Premium. VMP Gen2R Supercharged with an FTI 3000rpm Converter. JLT, BMR, Steeda, Viking, etc.
    Don't fix it if it ain't broken | Maximum effort gets maximum results

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by blackbolt22 View Post
    Ped WOT Start = 800.. Why though?
    Sorry That was left there I thought changed it back I was messing around with throttle response to get rid of the lag. Its all back to factory. No changes to the problem

Advanced Tuner
    Airflow > Throttle Body > Limits. Set your Max Angles in both tables to 83*.
    Set WOT Start to 400, the table Blackbolt mentioned.

I think you have no power because your Spark Advance is at 2* when you increase throttle in your log. Your commanding around 30* timing in the area I checked.
    Zero out the following tables in Spark > Advance.
    Idle RPM Error
    Octane Adjustment
    VID Octane Adjust
    Spark Borderline Lambda Correction, you can zero the whole table, or a particular area like .68 to 1.0 Lambda, 1500 to 6500 RPM.
    Preignition Limit and Cylinder Pressure Limit. 63.5 entire tables.
    Torque Management > Driver Demand. Row 542, Increase from 2000 RPM to 6850 by multiplying those cells by 1.2. Then multiply the bottom right corner by 1.2 again and smooth the area up to Row 176
    Torque Model > Monitor > Max Torque, Change the value to around 450, just increase it.
    Torque Management > General > Torque Limit Timer, set to 1000.

In The Trans Tab. You'll need to work on the shift points and TCC apply/Release. Not sure how well it's actually driving. Torque Management > Upshift > Increase 1>2, 2>3, 3>4, 4>5 and you can do 5>6 if you want. Areas like in the picture attached.

Attachment 97808
    Here's a channel list.
    AutoTransChannels.Channels.xml

Quote Originally Posted by Thatwhite5.0 View Post

I think you have no power because your Spark Advance is at 2* when you increase throttle in your log. Your commanding around 30* timing in the area I checked.
    Idle RPM Error
    Octane Adjustment
    VID Octane Adjust
    Spark Borderline Lambda Correction, you can zero the whole table, or a particular area like .68 to 1.0 Lambda, 1500 to 6500 RPM.
    Torque Management > Driver Demand. Row 542, Increase from 2000 RPM to 6850 by multiplying those cells by 1.2. Then multiply the bottom right corner by 1.2 again and smooth the area up to Row 176
    Torque Model > Monitor > Max Torque, Change the value to around 450, just increase it.

In The Trans Tab. You'll need to work on the shift points and TCC apply/Release. Not sure how well it's actually driving. Torque Management > Upshift > Increase 1>2, 2>3, 3>4, 4>5 and you can do 5>6 if you want. Areas like in the picture attached.

Attachment 97808
    Here's a channel list.
    No Reason to zero the idle rpm error. This is what stabilizes idle, and allows the car to make quick timing adjustments to correct for idle rpm errors.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Potential Tuner
    Thanks man, I will do the changes tomorrow and see how it does ! ill let everyone know. Appreciate your help!

Quote Originally Posted by Thatwhite5.0 View Post

Idle RPM Error
    Octane Adjustment
    VID Octane Adjust

Attachment 97808
    Here's a channel list.