Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Tables added to the 6.7L

New Tables added to the 6.7L

Download Beta 4.7.86 and go check them out. There are Idle RPM control tables, more boost tables, some new fuel pressure tables, more airflow tables, and engine brake tables. I'll be working on finding more so we can have even more control.

Quote Originally Posted by JaegerWrenching View Post
    Download Beta 4.7.86 and go check them out. There are Idle RPM control tables, more boost tables, some new fuel pressure tables, more airflow tables, and engine brake tables. I'll be working on finding more so we can have even more control.
    Awesome! I've been wanting the exhaust brake and idle sleet tables for a while

Quote Originally Posted by CKrueg View Post
    Awesome! I've been wanting the exhaust brake and idle sleet tables for a while
    The table is labeled incorrectly, currently the table labeled max RPM is actually the enable RPM Not the Max RPM. The other, Min RPM is the reset/ shut off RPM so it has to drop below that. Its stock setting is 1440rpm so you'd ahve to go below that to disable the engine brake it once it's been enabled at the Max table's 1510 RPM
    Last edited by JaegerWrenching; 03-26-2020 at 03:24 PM.

Are these only on the 17+ trucks? I'm not seeing anything on my 16

For now yes, they will be added to the older stuff as Eric gets time to find them and add them.
    Last edited by JaegerWrenching; 03-27-2020 at 10:09 PM.

For now yes, they will be added to the older stuff as Eric gets time to find them and add them.
    I'm assuming he's got the definition file for them. Then it would just be a matter of finding them in all operating systems.

17-19 CP65 has way more tables than 15-16 CP05. 15-16 majority of the main tables are already there in HPtuners.
    Last edited by PSM 6.4; 04-02-2020 at 04:30 AM.
    2008 J2 F-350 CCSB

Quote Originally Posted by PSM 6.4 View Post
    17-19 CP65 has way more tables than 15-16 CP05. 15-16 majority of the main tables are already there in HPtuners.
    I've seen several of the tables mentioned in his post in the .a2l file. I was mostly asking if they didn't get added to the 2016 files in HP. One table set I really think they should add are the "driver request filter". This controls the built in pedal lag which is one of my favorite things about my tunes

I've seen several of the tables mentioned in his post in the .a2l file. I was mostly asking if they didn't get added to the 2016 files in HP. One table set I really think they should add are the "driver request filter". This controls the built in pedal lag which is one of my favorite things about my tunes
    create a ticket with a pic of them with the addresses of the tables and Eric will have them added. If we don't ask they won't add.

Send in the request to HP support with the addresses, or if you want control without waiting you can buy "user defined parameters" and add in anything you want with tuner pro provided you know the correct info for the things you want to add.
    2008 J2 F-350 CCSB

Tuner in Training
    So what do you do if the tables you want to add are not in the allowed addresses? I think I found one of the Engine Brake tables for the 2015, but the address is nowhere near the allowed ones. I'm new at this xdf file creation, so I could be doing something wrong. But in tuner pro the address pulls up what seems to be the right rpm for what I'm trying to do.
    1999 7.3L Powerstroke Garret 38R, 238/200 Shop built injectors, Minotaur tuning
    2015 6.7L Powerstroke

Quote Originally Posted by bstroked View Post
    So what do you do if the tables you want to add are not in the allowed addresses? I think I found one of the Engine Brake tables for the 2015, but the address is nowhere near the allowed ones. I'm new at this xdf file creation, so I could be doing something wrong. But in tuner pro the address pulls up what seems to be the right rpm for what I'm trying to do.
    Send in a support ticket with your requested tables

Tuner in Training
    Send in a support ticket with your requested tables
    So it's normal not to be able to add basic parameters? I was trying to figure out if I was out in left field with what I found. I was starting to wonder if there's a bin offset I need to do to the whole hex dump so the addresses line up with what hptuners has?
    Last edited by bstroked; 04-23-2020 at 11:31 AM.
    2015 6.7L Powerstroke

I think you still need to add a base offset for the whole file to get it to l I've up right.

Tuner in Training
    I think that might be the problem too, but I have yet to figure out how to offset the whole bin file. In TunerPro it seems like that base offset under xdf header only offsets where the definition looks for the addresses that I want. At least when I change that offset the data in my scalar is 0, where as if I have no offset its 1440.
    2015 6.7L Powerstroke

Tuner in Training
    I think that might be the problem too, but I have yet to figure out how to offset the whole bin file. In TunerPro it seems like that base offset under xdf header only offsets where the definition looks for the addresses that I want. At least when I change that offset the data in my scalar is 0, where as if I have no offset its 1440.
    Figured it out!!! It doesn't work to base offset 0x80000000 or above in TunerPro V5. It has to be done in text editor.

Figured it out!!! It doesn't work to base offset 0x80000000 or above in TunerPro V5. It has to be done in text editor.
    Are you updated to the latest version of Tunerpro? I'm able to put in offsets of over 80000000 from within Tunerpro without any problem. I do need to put it in every time I open the .xdf in tuner pro, because it sets it back to 7FFFFFFF ever time I open it.

Tuner in Training
    Yep, your right!!! I installed the latest update (I guess) and now it seems to work!!! Thanks

Tuner in Training
    Curious about this one, do you know the A2L/FOMOCO nomenclature for this?

From what I can see there are multiple time filters both low and high for Driver demand. I've missed this in the past so I appreciate your post.

Quote Originally Posted by HBSSROB View Post
    Curious about this one, do you know the A2L/FOMOCO nomenclature for this?

From what I can see there are multiple time filters both low and high for Driver demand. I've missed this in the past so I appreciate your post.
    They are under the folder DRF. I'm not by it now but I believe the units are time constant for driver demand filter
    based on rpm and torque. There is a base table for each gear, open and closed powertrain (tcc locked or not), reverse, low range. There is also separate tables for tip in and out. By zeroing them you effectively remove the filter by making the time constants 0 . his results in no throttle damping.