Thread: 2005 CTS V seeking Recommendations for tuning FILES ATTACHED

Potential Tuner

2005 CTS V seeking Recommendations for tuning FILES ATTACHED

My 2005 CTS-V just has a K&N CAI, Magnaflow cat back.
    Looking to get what i can on simple changes.STOCK READ TUNE.hptLog File 1.hpl

Tuner
    You could lean out the AFR and add a bit more timing. You could also remove all of the torque management restrictions. Do you have a wideband?

He's not logging knock retard at the moment so adding timing is likely a bad idea. The log shows possible timing pull and it's never exactly staying the same throughout a WOT pull, that is something to watch and see what is really going on.

If you can get away with 12.0-12.5 commanded AFR with 22-25 degrees of timing, that's pretty good for power/torque on a 5.7 on 91+ octane.

Do more reading on PE settings to make it happen quicker and get more data into your logs. Commanded AFR, knock retard, cylinder airmass, injector pulse width avg for both banks, all that stuff is missing from your logs.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by EWY View Post
    You could lean out the AFR and add a bit more timing. You could also remove all of the torque management restrictions. Do you have a wideband?
    Unfortunately I don?t have a wideband yet. Thanks for the tips though.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks! I?ll make sure to do that