Thread: need help tuning 5.3 silverado 4x4 4l60e transmission

Tuner in Training

need help tuning 5.3 silverado 4x4 4l60e transmission

hello i just started tuning and starting to get used to the set up, i need on how to tune the PE table runs to rich at Wot and how would i tune a 4l60 so it could shift better to race in 30 roll i am currently tuning it on the maf since i just removed the cats and added a intake , i followed a guide on how to tune the maf and how to turn off ve mode and ltft and just wondering what other parameters would help to change to get it moving faster on wot2004 Gmc Sierra STOCK No ltft or ve.hpt the file i had before i had moved to many parameters trying to adjust the transmission and i felt it slow so i decided to start from scrach

How are you monitoring the air fuel ratio in the exhaust?

Do you own a wideband o2 sensor??

Here is what you must understand and I mean must with a capital M.

Power enrichment is a setting that you do once and never change again, unless you are trying to aim for a different target. The EQ ratio is a set and forget table. If you setup the PE to commanded 12.5 AFR at wide open throttle, leave it at this setting and tune the airflow model to match this.

So if you ask for 12.5 but your wideband reads 12.0, then the airflow model is richer than the commanded fueling and you'd need to fix that. That would mean removing fuel from the MAF and VE tables to make the commanded match the actual.

Factory calibrations run a richer AFR under PE for a variety of reasons like emissions, richer fueling makes good peak torque and because they want this engine to be driven by anyone anywhere anytime in the world. You are welcome to lean out the commanded air fuel for WOT but you need to make sure that what you are commanding is what is happening out the tail pipe.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    How are you monitoring the air fuel ratio in the exhaust?

Do you own a wideband o2 sensor??

Here is what you must understand and I mean must with a capital M.

Power enrichment is a setting that you do once and never change again, unless you are trying to aim for a different target. The EQ ratio is a set and forget table. If you setup the PE to commanded 12.5 AFR at wide open throttle, leave it at this setting and tune the airflow model to match this.

So if you ask for 12.5 but your wideband reads 12.0, then the airflow model is richer than the commanded fueling and you'd need to fix that. That would mean removing fuel from the MAF and VE tables to make the commanded match the actual.

Factory calibrations run a richer AFR under PE for a variety of reasons like emissions, richer fueling makes good peak torque and because they want this engine to be driven by anyone anywhere anytime in the world. You are welcome to lean out the commanded air fuel for WOT but you need to make sure that what you are commanding is what is happening out the tail pipe.
    ok so how would i set the eq ratio so it gets 12.5 when i go to wot the power enrichent makes the afrs 11.50-12

Read the editor.

When you highlight a table with your mouse it will show a blurb at the bottom telling you what the table does and possibly how it works.

Like this.

Power Enrichment

• V8 Power Enrich Fuel EQ Ratio vs. RPM: This is the main table that is used to tune WOT fuel. The values in this table are Equivalence Ratio's (Fuel/Air multipliers or AFR divisors) ie. values greater than one are richer, values less than one are leaner. The values relate directly to the Stoich AFR and the resulting commanded AFR is Stoich divided by this PE equivalence ratio. Eg. if the multiplier is 1.1 then the commanded AFR will be 14.7/1.1 or 13.36.

So if you do the math with the stoich ratio setup in your tune file it's likely to be 14.68/1.174 = 12.5 afr.

http://www.hptuners.com/help/
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.