Thread: Tuning 2.3l Focus RS after catless downpipe install

Potential Tuner

Tuning 2.3l Focus RS after catless downpipe install

Hello,

I am looking for some advice on tuning my Focus RS. I have the MPVI2 and after reading the ECM i determined that the previous owner had tuned the vehicle. When I bought the car it was all stock and since then I have added a mishimoto intake and this past weekend I installed a catless downpipe. The car doesn?t seem to have any drivability issues but I would like to try to tweak the tune myself.

Since the tune isn’t visible to me I have to start with the stock tune VCM Editor provides (previous tune is locked?).
    My question is what parameters do I need to change to make up for the lack of back pressure from the downpipe. I understand how the torque tables work and kind of what tables to edit when they are being demanded. My fear is that I will flash the car back to stock and loose all drivability and not be able to make the necessary changes. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Ryanearly; 03-26-2020 at 08:10 AM.

Tuner in Training
    find someone with a stock tune. i tune all these using cobbs protuner software so i dont have anything i could share for you

Hey Ryanearly. post your stock file and I can help, we mostly tune them in SCT however can help you out in HP.

Potential Tuner

Big Injectors cal 2.3 RS

Hello i have to tu e a 2.3 Focus RS MK big Turbo, Intercooler! Forget Engine big
    Injectors surching some one can calibrate big injectors from Stock to 1700ccm

Thanks in Advance