Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2001 jeep wrangler 4.0 boosted

Tuner
    whats are your afr

Tuner
    can you post the afr at part throttle and wot

No it goes strait to 19+ on first start up iv fixed it though were it?ll idle I?m going to work on the fuel tables tomorrow

Tuner in Training
    ok use this file now and give me afr reading

jeep.hpl 1-20.hpt

Alright I added a good bit of fuel and it does ok now idle and part throttle but anything in boost goes to 19+afr but thank you I will try the new tune..you do know I have the stock injectors right? Iv got some 46lb injectors I can throw in it.

Tuner
    you should install the bigger injectors, stock injectors are very small , thats why you are leaning out so quickly, i have ls1 28# injectors and it runs ok,

Potential Tuner
    Hmmm very similar setup to mine. Except I have 30 lb injectors so may try this tune for s basemap

What is the main factor to adjust for bigger injectors((base fuel?) and map sensor(is it scale mult?) change?

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by jbee View Post
    What is the main factor to adjust for bigger injectors((base fuel?) and map sensor(is it scale mult?) change?
    You have to adjust battery offset to accommodate bigger injectors

Quote Originally Posted by Omunoz View Post
    You have to adjust battery offset to accommodate bigger injectors
    really? care to help me understand that?

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by jbee View Post
    really? care to help me understand that?
    im not really good at explaining in a short form, is always best if you get injectors with data, so you dont have to guess.but the following might help.
    https://www.hamotorsports.com/pages/...tor-dead-times

I?m definitely going to put them 46lbs back in and try them again I got the tune pretty close but I was about maxing put the stock injectors under wot.

Tuner
    What voltage are you getting with koeo,i keep getting 3.6 volts,at koeo and idle,

Potential Tuner
    Hey guys, new to the thread here and about to start on making a tune for mine. my setup seems similar to you guys, mines an older 4.0 bored .35 over stock style pistons, mild mopar cam and ls1 valves and valve springs w a garrett t25g turbo from an sr20 redtop motor. A ran my motor n/a for mayb 10 years and refreshed it w new gaskets and seals and arp headstuds before adding the turbo. I run a gm 2bar map and worked fine with the sbec2 ecu but a rewired it for a 96 Cherokee ecu so I could tune it w the obd2 using the mpvi2. I was running 30 lb injectors but was leaning out immediately when I turned boost up over 8psi. at 8psi it ran great but I want more out of it, I upgraded to a larger aem fuel pump as well and all 3/8" lines over the stock 5/16 that it came with and an adjustable fuel pressure regulator as well. I now have a 12lb wastegate actuator and 36lb injectors. looking to see some other 4.0 boosted tunes so I have sumthing to start with on mine being that this ecu has never been in my car and didn't come with it originally. just looking to see what others are doing to help make a safe base tune to get started with. Havent even hooked it up to the jeep yet but will be in the next week or two and just wanted to see what adjustments you guys are making to get yours running right.

Potential Tuner
    I?ve got a 99 Jeep Wrangler 4.0 with a turbo and I can?t get the 2 bar to run with it either any advise?

I studied this ECM a bit and don't see a very good reason to change the multiplier. The correct multiplier for a 2 Bar sensor would be twice that of a 1 Bar sensor. A small change in offset might be required to fine-tune the reported pressure result. The problem is that we don't want the correct pressure to be reported. The reason is that the tables stop at 105K pascal. Having more than 105K pascal will result in an error and we can't map fuel values to it. I think leaving the number alone and adjusting the fuel injector pulse to twice the value (to start with) is going to be the correct approach. Essentially, the ECM will believe that the pressure is lower overall but we are doubling the fuel required for all pressure values so we are essentially correcting that way.
    Last edited by samgm2; 07-05-2022 at 11:26 AM.
    Sam Michael
    Chemical/Controls Engineer