Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: TuningSchool Dodge transmission book

Banned
    I would use engine rpm over MPH. While MPH is nice to know, a specific MPH and throttle position may not result in a feasible engine rpm before or after the shift. MPH and throttle position alone just will not tell where engine rpms will be which is far more important than the MPH itself. Your engine has a power band and optimum acceleration rate within a specific engine rpm range, not a MPH range, whether striving for peak performance or not. Just my two pennies on it.

Advanced Tuner
    Life would be much easier if HP Tuners just gave us an OSS channel.
    If in doubt, multiply everything by 1.1.

Banned
    Would be nice if a lot of things worked in the scanner. Large amount of channels don?t work for me, can?t even log my timing with it.

You can make your own OSS custom user defined math parameter though, would be close the real deal.

Banned
    If I can find in the forum stock forms of tune files for the other dodge transmissions I?ll be doing a major overhaul on my trans tuning spreadsheet.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim P View Post
    If I can find in the forum stock forms of tune files for the other dodge transmissions I?ll be doing a major overhaul on my trans tuning spreadsheet.
    Let me know what you need. I have a large collection of files.
    If in doubt, multiply everything by 1.1.

Banned
    Pretty much any transmission anyone would like a shift scheduling tuning workbook for. I?m going to work on a complete overhaul of the one I got posted on here. Have full shift scheduling as per what is seen in HP Tuners with quick selection between transmission types, the ability to store multiple shift scheduling for each transmission with quick selection to a user different stored shift schedules. Have shift selection and graph view on one page is easy to see view without scrolling around and the ability to select what is shown on the graph. I?m gonna go over the top with it lol.

That would be awesome, is there anything I can provide for the 545RFE?

Banned
    It?s a big undertaking what I?m going to build, going to take some time, I got limited time available to spend on it as well. I?m just starting off with what I have, 68RFE, once it got it working, functional and looking how I want I?ll begin to add in other transmissions. There?s a lot going into it, actual coding and stuff.

The way I?m envisioning it there will be a screen to select your transmission type and set gear ratios with stock and custom options, a screen to set stock tire size and alternate tire size and be able select whether you want the shift tables based off stock or alternate and if based off manufacturer size or corrected/loaded size. Then a page that will show shift selection as seen in HP Tuners, with a user customizable line chart for shifts and selectable stock settings, selectable user customizable settings like mild, performance, etc. Everything on each page will fit without scrolling needs, easy buttons to switch between pages.

May or may not take things further like adding in easy to use user defined parameters xdf builder.

Want to build it to have a nice visual appeal.
    Last edited by Jim P; 10-20-2020 at 01:31 PM.

Banned
    It?s a pretty ambitious project.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim P View Post
    It?s a pretty ambitious project.
    it sounds super awesome, I think the XDF builder would be kind of cool personally even though I would have no use for it at this point, a lot of others might because there doesn't seem to be any bins or definitions for chrysler/dodge available like there is for many other models.

Banned
    Xdf files can be build with TunerPro, the format is basically just an .xml format. I may or may not actually put it in though.
    Last edited by Jim P; 10-20-2020 at 05:50 PM.

Transmission Calc.xlsx I'm just reattaching from my old list.This is with a fully locked converter..