Thread: timing calculator for 4.x.x

Tuner in Training

timing calculator for 4.x.x

Does anyone have a timing calculator that will work with the 4.x.x? I can't seem to find one that will work with my file, they all seem to be for EFI or older versions oh HP.

Trying to tune my buddy's LLY, I added some fuel but don't wanna give it to much before i figure out timing a little better. so far i have just made a spread sheet and calculated the amount of degrees that will be sprayed at a certain RPM and then set timing to 50/50. very time consuming to do this.

any help would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by swinn467 View Post
    Does anyone have a timing calculator that will work with the 4.x.x? I can't seem to find one that will work with my file, they all seem to be for EFI or older versions oh HP.

Trying to tune my buddy's LLY, I added some fuel but don't wanna give it to much before i figure out timing a little better. so far i have just made a spread sheet and calculated the amount of degrees that will be sprayed at a certain RPM and then set timing to 50/50. very time consuming to do this.

any help would be appreciated.
    Forget about a 50/50 split, it tells you nothing about cylinder pressure. Log your injector PW and think of having 8* to be super safe or 10* of advance for every MS of PW. So if you have a injector PW of 1.2ms then 12* of timing should get you close. There is no perfect time to inject fuel based on crank speed and fuel pressure alone, just look at all the new trucks and see how many different injection configs there are based on temp and elevation alone. 99% of Timing calcs don't use any of that good data to determine injection timing, there for they are going to output improper or wrong data. Play with timing and see how the truck responds, it will tell you what it likes.