Thread: 06 turbo 2500hd

Tuner in Training

06 turbo 2500hd

I am about to get a ls9 cam I was wondering if anyone had any insight on what I?d have to change with this new cam the truck has already been dynoed and made 396hp 420tq to the wheels with the stock motor just hoping the ls9 cam will allow me to pick up some more power any help would be great

The LS9 is a poor camshaft choice for a 6.0 in a heavy ass truck.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Well I got the cam for free and the stock cam in the 6.0. Is killing my power right now with the turbo so I figured with the ls9 being a blower cam it would work better then the factory cam

Did you also get a new cam gear because the LS9 is a single bolt?

The same basics apply for any change like this. You must re-tune the entire airflow model to make sure fueling is correct at idle, part throttle and while in boost.

Hopefully your turbo comes into boost super fast because the LS9 cam hurts the hp/torque down low. That camshaft is better suited for a blower that makes instant boost as well as an engine that can rev out to 5,500-6,500rpm. The LQ4 engine you have is going to spend 95% of it's time between 2,000-5,500rpm.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    So basically since it?s already a sd tune I just need to go though and adjust the ve right, I should be able to leave spark alone or will that have to get changed as well?