Thread: My First Tune Attempt - 2002 Camaro Z28 LS1(6) / 4L60E

Tuner in Training

My First Tune Attempt - 2002 Camaro Z28 LS1(6) / 4L60E

Good Morning All,

My MPVI2 will arrive today and I plan on doing a little tuning this weekend. Below are the details on the car I will be working on. I am fairly sure that the car has the original tune, but I guess the first thing is to download that and save it and then record some data to post here for people to review. My question is, what parameters should I record to give fellow tuners the best information to work from?

Thanks,

Scott

-----------------------------------------

2002 Camaro Z28 LS1(6) / 4L60E

~115k original miles, swapped into a ?75 Corvette - the leakdown tests on all cylinders were good

Engine
    CamMotion LS1 Stage 2 Camshaft (214/220-115+3)
    Duration at .050 - 214/220
    Lift with 1.7 - .553/.553
    Lobe separation 115
    Intake center line 112
    New valve springs
    Original LS6 intake
    Original injectors
    New knock sensors
    New oil pump/pan/pickup
    New timing set
    Basic intake using original MAF - located partially behind the radiator so the intake air is warmer than I would prefer for now.
    New IAT sensor
    97-99 Corvette manifolds into 2?? dual rear exhaust
    Radiator - 98-02 F-body with dual cooling fans

Upgraded to LS6 Lifter Valley Plate - I believe this may allow more air to be pulled from the valve covers into the intake

Transmission
    No modifications, pulled the pan to make sure it looked ok and replaced the filter and fluid.
    Original torque converter

Current Status
    Original tune, only the VATS has been removed.
    Starts and runs with no issues, hesitates a bit when cold when backing out of the garage
    I have put maybe 50 easy miles on it shaking things down, after a while it turned on the CIL with a code that it was running lean, which is understandable with the larger cam bringing in more air, and I guess that is the first thing I should address.

Tuner in Training
    All,

Here is the 'as found' tune for the car, which looks like a very basic stock tune (with my limited knowledge) along with the data from a short trip I took this afternoon. Any guidance would be appreciated on what I can do to adjust for the slightly larger cam would be appreciated.

Scott
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    The first thing to start with, is setting your scanner up correctly. If you notice, your Spark Advance, LTFT, STFT, etc. are only populating across the first row up top. These should populate in a grid format. You won't have good data on anything until these are populated in both columns, and rows. If you want to email me, I can send you a pretty detailed Gen 3 scanner layout. Shoot me an email at [email protected]